Mini Dogs From Vending Machines

Peggi

A couple of weeks ago, DH and I ate supper at our local chinese restaurant and on the way out one of the vending machines caught my eye. The "prize" for 50 cents was little dogs. Of course I scrapped up all the quarters I could find and bought several. They are the perfect size. Here's a pic of the ones I "collected" so far. post-70-1148952377_thumb.jpg I think they have 2 or 3 more different kinds. I'll definitely be making sure I have quarters with me on my next visit :lol: :p

Good eye, Peggi!

I cannot express how glad I am that my mini people don't like dogs, as my laundry quarters are already ravaged too often for Homies. One more temptation, and we'd never have clean towels at all.

I'd guess for 50 cents from a vending machine that they'd be painted vinyl. They are tres kewel though. We collected a load of those little alien figures, one lives in the Christmas village, prolly be one in at least one of the dollhouses.

Are they flocked??

No, they're some kind of rubber I think. But they really do have good detail.

At 25 cents a pop I think I would empty the machine.
They're actually 50 cents, but still a deal :lol:

as my laundry quarters are already ravaged too often for Homies.

The only machine I've found around here that have them is always out of order. I know I've asked the place several times to get it fixed.

WOW! Those are so cool! There's even a mama dog nursing pups!
I like the one that's about to use the bathroom :p ;)

I like the one that's about to use the bathroom

I love them all! I had found a bagful of pup dogs at a dollar store, but none of the poses are as cute! I'll have to check out the vending machine at our China Super Buffet!

I like the one that's about to use the bathroom

He's the one that caught my eye first too. I'd definitely be putting him out on the lawn! :lol: But they're just too cute! Definitely a great mini find!

Deb

No, they're some kind of rubber I think. But they really do have good detail.

Prolly vinyl, most figures are made of that, like those action figures of everything under the sun. They are definitely mini quality though, I'll have to keep my eye on the vending machines. Whether they're vinyl, resin, polrelain or earwax, it's really how they look, and they look marvelous, Darling. :lol:

Prolly vinyl, most figures are made of that, like those action figures of everything under the sun. They are definitely mini quality though, I'll have to keep my eye on the vending machines. Whether they're vinyl, resin, polrelain or earwax, it's really how they look, and they look marvelous, Darling. ;)

I believe you are right--just couldn't come up with the name vinyl :lol: :p Been around gks learning to talk for to long--Hannah becomes Hammie, go-cart becomes gart so its only logical that vinyl becomes rubber. And at work everything is in initials. My vocabulary is slowly becoming non-existant.

DH read your post, Peggi, when I showed hime the pictures of the dogs, so we went to the China Super Buffet for supper and checked all eight of their vending machines; no mini dogs (sigh).

At least you have a china restaurant Holly! All the decent restaurants around here have either closed or they've made me sick....

And you still call it a decent restaurant, man you're a lot more lenient than me, one case of the screamin' eebie jeebies and I aint goin' back. :lol:

One of the nicer features about Tallahassee & Gainesville are that the state universities housed there are "draws" for students all over the planet, plus the added perk that Tallahassee is the capital of an ethnically diverse state. Merely "good" restaurants or less just don't last.

And you still call it a decent restaurant, man you're a lot more lenient than me, one case of the screamin' eebie jeebies and I aint goin' back. :angry:

They were nice until they "changed hands", or I called them nice until they made me sick, and then I don't go back. So far I'm down to two restaurants that haven't yet made me sick ....

I'm down to two restaurants that haven't yet made me sick

I totally boycott all restaurants of one particular fast-food chain because I got deathly ill from food poisoning at one of their shops several years ago. There are others I won't patronize because of service issues (total lack thereof).

Peggi,

What a great find! I'm always checking out those vending machines - keeping my eyes out for mini Disney figures for the son's house and the only dogs I've found locally (so far) are ones that are dressed .. the german shephard has a policeman's coat and hat the pit bull has a leather jacket and hat.. etc.. I think they look kinda cheezy and the faces are sort of cartoony too :( But I tell ya after seeing your find I'm gonna keep looking! Yay Peggi! :angry:

-David

Those dogs look so soft they looked flocked. The mommy dog and pups are too cute! How many Hommies do you have? I only have a couple of them but think they are so cool. Everytime I put my quarters in, I NEVER get the ones I want. At Toys r us, they had the super heroes and I actually got wonder womany (I wanted it for a wonder woman roombox I am gonna do) I also got the hulk and spiderman and batman.

You can really find great minis in those things :angry:

Oh, I never get the Homies I want! I think the machines don't even stock the ones with the pitbulls. But a hardware store near me has started a machine of white-trash Homie-style figures, so I have a guy in a recliner with a remote and another one with a bucket of chicken.

Yikes, I guess I'm in the minority about the Hommie dogs. I actually think the pitbull one isn't too bad but I dunno about dogs in jackets in general.. it just looks so uncomfortable LOL

-David

I dunno about dogs in jackets in general.. it just looks so uncomfortable LOL

-David

That's because the other dogs point and giggle at them.

Deb

I am taking the girls clothes shopping tonite and was trying to decide where to take them to eat for dinner. I think a trip to the chinese buffet is in order.

Let you know what I find.....