Marquam Hill update

heidiiiii

I have gotten to second story/third story on!

I actually had the beepbeepbeep sound in my head as I was lifting it into place. Like I was a construction worker. (are the girders straight?)

I am glueing her within an inch of her life.

Now I have a problem.

I am 5'3". The attic to the dh has got to be at least 5`"6. I hate being short!!! :blink:

I am going to need a shorter table. The table I do get will be the table that it will live on. Glad it is yard sale season.

Going to be working on it during the loooonnnggg weekend. I wanted to get her glued b4 it got hot and humid in these parts.

Heidi...you could always put it on the floor.

when I put the roof on catriona's I had to have it on the floor.

even with DH rolly cart I use wasnt low enough for this house.

I sis in a chair to work so I have to deal with this problem alot!

Im gad you are having fun. love the clors you have chosen!

nutti :blink:

Heidi...you could always put it on the floor.

when I put the roof on catriona's I had to have it on the floor.

even with DH rolly cart I use wasnt low enough for this house.

I sis in a chair to work so I have to deal with this problem alot!

Im gad you are having fun. love the clors you have chosen!

Thank you nutti!

There is a slight problem with putting it on the floor....I have a miniature pinscher with a very good aim!! :huh:

We are his 3rd (and last) family. He was never housebroken. We have trained him to go outside but he still has the desire to aim at things at his level. I would have to kill him.

And there isnt a room I can put it in with a closed door. No room in my bedroom and the livingroom and diningroom are open.

My coffee table is made of glass (so that is out). It is staying downstairs because that is where it is going to be displayed.

Oh well. Anybody got a stepstool? Forklift?

ok....how about a milk crate with a piece of plywood on it.

that is what ours is on....well we also have wheels under it. but that would keep it up off the floor yet low enough for working on!

Get a kiddie gate for one of the doorways. I'm glad our Beautiful Melody is an outdoor dog! At my tallest I'm 5'3", too.

What about concrete blocks & 2x4s? You could keep one of the boards handy for chasing off the dog.

baby gate wont work cause he would jump off of a 10 story building to get to the chicken bones in the trash.

I do have cinder blocks and a board. I just have to measure the height off the floor and height of his aiming device.

LOL

darling hubby is home all weekend and we have been cleaning. I dont know why I didnt think of it sooner but I have an old steamer trunk that the is sitting in the corner of the livingroom that I can move (somewhere?) and put the behemoth on top of.

It is more like a boat locker. Neighbor stuck it out one year for free (i sure grab alot of freebies) and I painted it and put chalkboard paint on the lid. The girls used it for years for their art supplies. It sits now unused.

Now for a new life.

I finally got her moved. Very happy. Well, it is hot so I am not happy for the fact that I dont think paint and sweat mix.

But still very happy.

(posted pics in gallery)

Thanks Tracy! :lol:

Okay I have officially banged my arm on the corner of the dh 3 x today.

I think it is trying to get my attention. Hey you! Come here! Work on me!

Dont you ignore me! I am talking to you!

Okay be that way!

Heh! That looks like it hurt. Is there a bruise yet? No?

Is there a bruise yet? No?

Is there a bruise yet? No?

You get the idea!

Okay time to find something to do...LOL

Hey woah, woah hey, hey woah, woah hey. I love the painted floors, looks great, I think I'm gonna steal that idea. At my age I'm shameless, but I always give credit.

TY TY.

(taking bow)

Doogster. Are you talking about the shiny floors you can see thru the windows?

Cause if you are, I didnt do that. That is the way the dh came. The whole inside of the house is like that. Floors, walls, and ceiling!

If you are talking about the porch (probably not LOL) thanks but still needs work.