Alison Jr

nechee

This is for everyone who has built an Alison Jr. I have picked one up for my daughter for Christmas this year. my husband says that I should wait to build it with her (like he knows how hard it is to leave a dollhouse in a box and not build it for a few months, especially when you really want to open the box for the instructions) My question is, how hard is it to build? Will it be something that my 4 year old will be able to help with or will she just be picking out her colours? Are the instructions fairly easy? I really want to open the box but my husband says not until Christmas. Does anyone have "in progress" pics. I have used the search but I keep finding completed ones and I would like to see one in progress.

Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...

I put the Alison together with my 10 year old daughter, and she was no help except picking out colors. The basic shell went together in about a week, that was with no rushing, the windows, trim and roof shingling took about another week. If you want your daughter to be excited about a dollhouse on Christmas I wouldn't wait and let her try and help. Good luck!

At this point it's close enough to Christmas that I think you ought to open it and start the build & decorating with your daughter so that by Christmas AM she will have the house, some furniture and perhaps some dolls to PLAY with it.

I dont think my daughter would've been able to do much more than pick colors at that age, and she would've much preferred to have something she could play with at Christmas rather than a kit. Good luck figuring it out

It's a hammer and nails house in my opinion, and not intended to be assembled by a child. I forsee her just being upset at waiting for it to be built. I'd have the shell assembled in advance, then you two could work on painting and decorating together. Perhaps let her paint the assembled window frames, shutters and trim parts...you can always touch them up before you glue them on.

• 4 months later...