New photos in my webshots

ilovecats

your grovesnor hall looks really something, and i do love your cats, they do some daft things don't they. we have been looking for one of our boys all day (fat boy) thought we hadn't seen him for two days, we started to put out a bit of tuna to try and get him to come shouting him outside, and he lazily strolls in from the front room, god know where he was cos we searched all over

I really like the colour on your heritage house too

oh Marg I am in envy mode of your canterbury!

I just love that little house!

if I am ever able to get one mine also will be a Haunted house!

I used to LOVE the huge house kits but I have developed a definate likeing to the smaller houses!

they have so much charactor and possibilities!

keep up the great work.

nutti ;)

oh Marg!

tell me more about your "sand" paint. it looks wonderful on your grovesnor hall is looking wonderful!

that is a great house!

how did you create the brickwork?

nutti :unsure:

your grovesnor hall looks really something, and i do love your cats, they do some daft things don't they. we have been looking for one of our boys all day (fat boy) thought we hadn't seen him for two days, we started to put out a bit of tuna to try and get him to come shouting him outside, and he lazily strolls in from the front room, god know where he was cos we searched all over

I really like the colour on your heritage house too

Thank you :) I love english dollhouses, they have a really neat look about them. I fell in love with the Grosvenor, it was pricey to have it shipped to the U.S., but it did arrive in 7 boxes. It was a VERY complete dollhouse kit. It's enormous and i think i will be working on it for months to come! Thanks for the comment on the heritage. The colors look better in person. I'll get around to working on it soon. I haven't been very motivated with it because i need to make some cuts to the posts and i don't want to mess it up. So here i am avoiding it :(:unsure: I want to get more advanced in the project before i make the cuts tho even tho it is at the point in the instructions to do so, it's just hard to determine where to do it. The instructions fall short at that particular point.

Thanks about the cats, they are definately characters! So individual in personality. I confess a preference for the little round black one with the white spot on her throat. She's a little love muffin! (also the very naughty cat on the shelf). It's funny when you look for them isn't it? they sit and watch you search and search and not reveal themselves.

Marg: Good job and looks like you're making great progress.

Thanks Peggi :)

You've been busy.

Yep. Wish I had more time to get things done. I ran errands all day and have to work the next 4 days in a row.... :o :( So no more work on any project until next sunday.

oh Marg I am in envy mode of your canterbury!

I just love that little house!

if I am ever able to get one mine also will be a Haunted house!

I used to LOVE the huge house kits but I have developed a definate likeing to the smaller houses!

they have so much charactor and possibilities!

keep up the great work.

nutti :lol:

I see them all the time on ebay, you should get one! I wasn't sure what to do with the house now that i built it, but i decided to make it a sweet little witch cottage. I found a cute poly clay witch on ebay yesterday. Her story is that she is a new witch, just starting out and this is the cottage that although small, is a new home that she is proud of (i'm trying to explain that it IS small and that she is a little tall) :lol: (she stands 6 3/4 inches with her hat....if she doesn't fit i'll make one of my own smaller) I'll post a picture.

I love large kits as well but it takes forever to get thru a project!

oh Marg!

tell me more about your "sand" paint. it looks wonderful on your grovesnor hall is looking wonderful!

that is a great house!

how did you create the brickwork?

nutti ;)

I wanted a texture that looked somewhat like stucco, but a couple of things didn't work, then i remembered seeing a room (life size) done with paint that had been textured with sand. I found a gallon of paint at Lowe's that has sand added to it already. It's about 12 dollars for the gallon. It only comes in white. It's really very thick. For the brickwork I took a paint brush (i think it was a sponge brush but can't remember) and put a thick amount on the mdf (which had pre-scored stonework - it was flat) and just patted it gently to create peaks and such. The pictures just don't really show how neat it looks in person, it looks more realistic (i think) in person. I love the sand paint and will use it for many other projects!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved the photos of Cassie and Mia. We have a very heavy wallshelf (similar to yours with 2-drawers) ... as a household that has three cats in charge .... ours is also screwed (bolted) to the wall. It also has those little plastic things that open up (wings?) when they're inserted into the wall. I had to laugh when I saw that Cassie had claimed the shelf as her own.

-Susanne

I had to laugh when I saw that Cassie had claimed the shelf as her own.

-Susanne

Until she fell off it, :unsure: :lol: . Didn't get hurt, but she seems reluctant to go back up there.

Your photos of Cassie so remind me of my Trinity (except that Trinity only has a stump for a tail). She's so sweet natured. Yesterday, I bought a new cat pad (I'll have to take a photo this evening) and laid it on the bed on the spare bedroom. Trinity immediately curled up on it for a sleep. When Ray got out of the shower, I took him in to share ... in our house we call these "cute alerts". Either Ray or I will call to the other "you've got to come and see this". Sure enough we've caught one of our three cats in a "cute" moment. LOL Can you ever tell we don't have kids.

-Susanne

Susanne, we used to do the same thing when our kids were small.

DS#1 & his wife were passing through the twon his brothers were born in and he took pictures of the house we used to live in and was commenting on the magnolia tree in the front yard, so of course I had to tell the story of him & that tree. When he was a little fella he would play so hard outside that when I called him to come in for lunch & couldn't find him I'd go out & look under the tree (the lower branches dragged the ground!) and there he'd be, curled up & fast asleep.

ahhhh so its basicly what I been using all along but ya bought it that way.

kewl!

really great job!

nutti :blink:

It's great that they have it available, it would be harder to add it into the paint!

Your photos of Cassie so remind me of my Trinity (except that Trinity only has a stump for a tail). She's so sweet natured. Yesterday, I bought a new cat pad (I'll have to take a photo this evening) and laid it on the bed on the spare bedroom. Trinity immediately curled up on it for a sleep. When Ray got out of the shower, I took him in to share ... in our house we call these "cute alerts". Either Ray or I will call to the other "you've got to come and see this". Sure enough we've caught one of our three cats in a "cute" moment. LOL Can you ever tell we don't have kids.

-Susanne

We do the same thing Susanne! Our cats really are our children arent they???