Searching for bodies

Deb

Relax, I'm not asking anyone to tell me where the bodies are buried. :D But I am looking for a source for mini dress forms. Not the chrysnbon or the little metal ones from Hobby Lobby, but wooden or resin, in a regular 1:12 scale. So far, I'm drawing a blank on them no matter what or where I'm searching. I need naked ones, not dressed.

<giggling> Kathy has been bit by the mini bug since getting the Lily home. She's having a great time with it and building some of her own furniture and starting to branch out with other mini things too. (it's a sign of addiction that she bought an EZ Cutter and had it rush shipped) Anyway, she's quite talented with a crochet hook and can crochet using sewing thread and a size 14 hook. I don't think she actually sees what she's doing.........she does it by feel and count. I gotta show you the first doily she made coz it's just so cool.

Anyway, she's going to try making some crocheted victorian wedding dresses, so she's looking for the right dress form/mannequin to display them on. Neither of us has been able to find anything in the wooden or resin category so I told her I'd ask here. Has anyone seen any thing like that or can point me in the right direction?

Deb

I don't think she actually sees what she's doing.........she does it by feel and count.
rotflmbo after I fell out of the desk chair & hurt myself rolling back into the 'puter desk, darn you, Deb! I can crochet that size with my bifocals (need a loupe for the size 16 steel hook & the 0.75 knitting needles, though).

Neither of us has been able to find anything in the wooden or resin category

I have seen the wooden scale dress forms in mini shops, HBS carries the metal ones.

Oh my for a moment there I thought you'd found Jimmy Hoffa.

Can't wait to see to see the dresses...I gave up crocheting with thread when I suddenly needed tri-focals :D

Laura Dubois carries all sorts of dress forms including the Bespaq ones. They're a bit pricey, but it's a starting point and then you can get an idea of what's available.

http://www.minis2.com

hmmmmm....it occurs to me that we or at least I have not seen any photos of the Lily with its furniture

did you not take any? did you post them somewhere I do not know about?

hmmmm?

why would you keep all us addicted folks waiting for eyecandy?

nutti :D

I made some fleash colored maniquins out of fimo. I used the chrsyenbon one for a mold. and stuck it on a base.

Melissa

This is the best idea so far -- cheap & easy and a great idea for something that is almost completely covered anyway.

I made some fleash colored maniquins out of fimo. I used the chrsyenbon one for a mold. and stuck it on a base.

Melissa

Melissa -

You always come up with such great ideas.

Easy and cost efficient.

-Susanne

Melissa

We want pictures.

Thanks for all the help guys! I knew you'd have answers! I passed the info along to Kathy.

Melissa, I'd really love to see pictures of your molds too. That's a fantastic idea!

hmmmmm....it occurs to me that we or at least I have not seen any photos of the Lily with its furniture

did you not take any? did you post them somewhere I do not know about?

hmmmm?

why would you keep all us addicted folks waiting for eyecandy?

;) She's still waiting for the rest of her orders to come in and to finish some stuff she's making, then she'll send me pictures. I took a few while she was here, but they're just minimal. As soon as I get the pictures, I'll share. I'm dying to see them too. She's really doing some great things with the furnishings. One half of the attic is a toy room for the grandchildren and she's found some of the coolest toys to go in it, even a little pair of roller skates and a jack-in-the-box.

Deb

Here is a picture of the maniquin dressed in a wedding gown, and one that is not dressed. What I did was take a lump of fleash colored clay and press it into 1 half of a chrysonbon mold, I then pressed the other half of the mold on and trimed off the excess. I removed it from the mold, took some of the clay out of the inide to put the base in and baked it.

post-27-1148058381_thumb.jpg

post-27-1148059042_thumb.jpg

Melissa