The moment of truth

Deb

My best friend is arriving from Kansas tomorrow evening to pick up her Lily. I'm so excited. Well, I'd be excited to see her anyway because I haven't seen her since September, but this trip is special because it's the first time she's seen the Lily in real life. She's seen all the pictures, but to see it in real life is something totally different. I know she'll like it no matter what, but I'm a little nervous because I want it to be her perfect dream house in every way.

If anyone needs me, I'll be over here pacing nervously.

Deb

P.S. Oh yes, I remembered to hide the mini rubber chicken behind the roof supports in the attic. <cackle> Believe me, any perfect house for Kathy has to have a rubber chicken in it.

You'd better have your camera ready, even if you don't want to share it, you'll want a picture of the priceless expressions on her face when she SEES the house.

I'll bet Kathy can't wait to see the Lily and you especially. I'm hoping you'll take pictures. What a treat to see the look on her face when she sees it for the first time.

Enjoy your time together.

Deb, Iam sure she will LOVE the Lily I hope you take lots of pictures of her and the Lily. I just love what you did with that house its stunning. :lol:

There is no reason for you to pace around worried. You did an EXCELLENT Job on that beautiful house! It looks Wonderful! Your friend will be so pleased I know it!

Take pictures and do tell us about her first reaction when she gets it!

Thanks for the words of encouagement everyone. I really want it to be her perfect dream house. We met when I was 17 and she was 23 so we've been together longer than any of our marriages put together. :) She was widowed at 24 and raised two little boys alone, so I've seen Kathy go thru a lot of hardship when all she deserved was the very best. Building this house for her is my way of trying to give her something that is perfectly, 100% "Kathy".

I've got the camera all ready beside the door so I can get a picture of her when she first sees it. She's bringing along all the furnishings she's collected for it so we can get pictures of it furnished. At least, that's the story we're sticking to. :lol: :lol: I think it's funny that after all these years, we had to reach our 40's before we got around to playing with a dollhouse.

And now I'm off to work where it will probably be a very long day just waiting for quitting time. :D She'll be here in 9 hours and 11 minutes. (she's very punctual)

Deb

Calm down Deb--the worst that will happen is she will knock you over with hugs and kisses (well id she is a shouter your ear drums may feel some effects from the screams of pure delight). :lol:

Be ready to hear praises all weekend, and also take pictures of the Lily furnished.

Hey Deb,

What can I say that hasn't already been said except have a great time - don't party tooooo hard :lol: don't be surprised if there aren't a few tears when she sees the dream house you've made for her. After all this time you both deserve dream homes :lol: and how awesome that you get to arrange furniture together :) I'm envisioning some good ol 70's rock, a couple of margaritas, some singing going on and two grown women sitting the floor with a dollhouse :D and you know what? It sounds pretty darn great to me! :D

Have a great visit!

<hugs>

-David

She loved it! We stayed up way too late arranging furniture and having a great time doing it. It was wonderful to watch her smiling and happy as she arranged things where she wanted them and tried out things here and there. She said it's perfect. <happy sigh>

I got the picture of her when she walked around the corner and saw it for the first time.

I'm heading for bed now. We're going to a quilt show in the morning.

Deb

Ya'll went thru the building with me, so I had to share the picture of the unveiling. :lol: Oh, and her middle granddaughter saw it today when she got it home. That was a very excited little girl! She got to unpack all the furnishings and set them up for Gramma and I think the two of them had a great time together. And if hearing about moments like that isn't the warmest feeling we can have as builders, I don't know what is! <beaming>

We had a good time at the quilt show. For once, I didn't buy fabric! But I scored big at the scissor vendor.......he had mini table vises, mini vise grips, tweezers with magnifiers, and teeny, tiny screwdrivers! Woohoooo!

BTW Holly, in case you ever need to know, the Lily fits perfectly in the back seat of a PT Cruiser with plenty of room to spare. Those are some *big* back seats!!

Deb

BTW Holly, in case you ever need to know, the Lily fits perfectly in the back seat of a PT Cruiser with plenty of room to spare. Those are some *big* back seats!!

DH calls mine a footlocker. I expect if you take the seats out you could almost get a Garfield in it!