Jacksonville, Florida

Color Me Holly

I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just busy again. There is a lot going on. In about nine days my girls and I will be heading out for Jacksonville, Florida. When I get there I will tell you all about it. Anyway what kind of mini/hobby shop are there? My internet has been shut off so I am not getting online all that often but I am sure I will get back by before I leave. If not I will be in Florida the next time I get on.

I haven't looked around in a couple of years, but there were a couple of hobby shops in Jax last time I spent a few days there. There aren't any mini or dollhouse shops in the entire county. Tina's in Starke, Florida would be the closest followed by Ron's in Orlando. I've heard of one or two shops in south Florida, but I've never been to them and I'm not even sure which towns they're in.

I lived in Jax for about ten years and go back primarily for Ron Chamblin's Bookmine, probably the largest used bookstore in FL, since he has both the old scating rink on US17 plus an old department store downtown; I find old Nutshell News and OOP mini books there. Check the yellow pages, mini shops come & go, but I haven't seen one in the area in 20 years.

Jeremy, besides Tina's & Ron Mummert's there's Nancy's in Naples and a couple on the East Coast, I think one somewhere in Palm Beach County and possibly one other. There are none in the Big Bend or Panhandle that I know of (I look!).

• 1 month later...

If there's a mini store in Jax, PLEASE let me know! We got to Gainesville Friday to shop some of the thrift stores between the showers.

Holly, what part of Jax are you living in? (FYI, everybody, Jacksonville takes up most of Duval County and is HUGE).

If there's a mini store in Jax, PLEASE let me know! We got to Gainesville Friday to shop some of the thrift stores between the showers.

Holly, what part of Jax are you living in? (FYI, everybody, Jacksonville takes up most of Duval County and is HUGE).

You came to Gainesville and didn't stop by to say hi? I'm crushed! :D

Actually, you didn't miss anything, my Tudor is still behind a wall of boxes from the move. I hope to get it cleared out and start working on it again this weekend.

Gosh, I wish I could remember the exact name of the mini store in Jax.....I read about it online

I will look for that. Thanks!

Atlantic Beach. We are right down the road from Hanna Park. Which is nice. The kids love it. It was so nice to go to the beach after 17 years. Alysia and Ella are learning to surf. Sheridan won't go in past her ankles. Mabyn will be down here after she finishes her schooling in Nampa.

I was wondering what had happened to you...I have a friend who lives in Jacksonville...and I've been there...it a nice place...

My apologies Ellen, I haven't been there. I am a lot happier now.

Jeremy, I don't have your or Guusha's phone numbers to call when we're in Gainesville, and I knew you were moving. Of course, if you want & I can convince DH to make the time, I'd love to call & get together! We're old 'Gators from 'way, 'way, 'way back...

Holly, good on you! I loved Hanna Park, too. We lived almost the other side of Jax from there. Our family surfer was DS#1; he cut many, many classes in HS to ride waves; when the USMC decided he needed to attend the Citadel (because he was married; the military academies won't accept married students) and earn his commission & degree, they first had to send him (and his buddies just like him) to a special prep school for a year to learn all the academic stuff he missed while surfing.