Hi, My name is jodi and just joined here. I just built my first house which was the castle. I've never built anything before and was surprised and very proud to of done this. I also just purchased the lafayette. I think I am hooked! I was wondering if anyone could help me as to what to do with the outside of the castle. Is there anything to buy that would look great and where? Any suggestions would be very appriciated.

Thanks so much,

Jodi

Hi and welcome! I know there are a few people who are or want to do a castle so you should get lots of ideas. I have heard of people using paperclay or egg cartons or styrofoam ( like cups or egg cartons) to make stones. Do you have any pics? It would help to know what it looks like and the look you are going for.

Paperclay is great & Tracy has a fireplace tutorial that will show you how to do it in stonework. I have achieved reasonable results simulating stonework with - (ahem) - spackling compound/ polyfilla.

Welcome to the forum. I can't help with your castle but would love to see pictures of it. Tracy's (My Mini Shop) did a fantastic job with her fireplace tutorial working with paperclay. I think one or two members were able to successfully transfer her instructions to using it as stonework on the outside of their house.

Thanks for all the advice. I actually bought my castle from Tracy. I am gonna go and check out the tutural for the fireplace but I definatly got some awesome ideas from everyone here. Thanks again. The castle is so plain right now but as soon as I start working on it, I am going to take pics doing it step by step. Then I will post some pics,

jodi

Welcome to the forum Jodi and to the wonderful world of minis! The castle is an awesome kit. I can't wait to see yours. And I'll echo the others that Tracy is the guru of stonework.

It's nice to meet you!

Deb

Hi Jodi,

Castles are great! Can't wait to see your's :lol: I have to agree with the Paperclay suggestion. I love that stuff and Tracy is one of the best inspirational sources on this forum as to all the different ways to use it. She's got great block work and stone work with it! It's a pretty easy product to use also. I'm using it to cover the first floor of my Lafeyette and plan to cover the exterior and interior of my own castle with it. Looking forward to seeing your progress and Welcom to the forum! :lol:

-David

Yes, its me Tracy! lol I am definatly going to try the stonework from your tutural. Its looks great and hope it looks just as good on the castle. Thank you David for the advice, can't wait to put this together. I started putting some stained glass windows and just doing that has made the castle come to life. I can't imagine when its finished.

jodi

Tracy's paper clay instructions are wonderful! I recently did a house using them and was pretty pleased with how it turned out.

I am also going to be doing a castle, from a Pierce kit. I'm gonna playclay it, too.

Welcome to the board! :lol:

Hi and welcome! can't wait to see pictures. Look at all of Tracy's gorgeous houses for ideas! I think her work is absolutely awesome!!!!! can't wait to see how your castle turns out!

Andrew (doogster) wants to get a castle from tracy, i want the fantasy villa...so probably at the end of this month we will both have one!