Rainy Day

MiniMadWoman

Well, it's a rainy day here in Wisconsin, so I'm going to pull out my conservatory and start putting it together!! :lol: I had planned on planting various shrubs, getting the water fountain going and hanging some baskets . . . but what's a girl to do?!! :lol:

I wonder . . . do I have white spray paint? :D

So the rain brought you back to us! :D

Here I was singing rain, rain go away, come again another day (I live in wet wisconsin too) and if it had gone away, I would have missed You Sunshine!

Can't wait to see your conservatory!

Teresa -

Isn't it wonderful to have another hobby waiting for you inside when it's a rainy day outside? Minis are wonderful to do on a rainy day. I'm really looking forward to seeing you join the conservatory to the Beacon Hill. Hmmmm I wonder if that means I'm glad that it's raining in Wisconsin?

Sun is shining today, but I've been indoors sorting through my mini landscaping materials. It's too early this far north to plant. I bought a cute little 1:12 playhouse for my dollhouse children the other day. I've been landscaping around it.

-Susanne

It was supposed to be pretty today with a front moving in & 40% rain chance for tomorrow, so off we went to the coast to the FSU Coastal Marine Lab "open house". It was fascinating, but the sun was tucked behind clouds all day. After the "open house" we went over to St George Island (one of the Gulf's barrier islands, so OF COURSE people are spending obsene amounts of money to rebuild bigger, posher houses by the dunes & then use their influence with the legislature to get us peons to pay their sky-high post-hurricane home-owner's insurance!) and after lunch we went out to the state park there, where the dunes have been left alone. Then we headed for home, stopping in the state forest to tour the site of Ft Gadsden. Ground cover is coming back after a prescribed burn a few months ago, so it was absolutely beautiful! Y'all can send some of that rain down here, we haven't had more than three or four days since the end of the hurricane season, and that's NOT my favorite source of rain and Talahassee is dangerously close to water restrictions.

And I need a yucky weather day or two to make the garden & finish landscaping my Coventry!

That's funny 'cause I'm waiting for sunny weather to be a able to start on my Orchid! I will have to build it in my garden 'cause of lack of space. So I just hope this summer will be a very sunny one! :D

Can't wait to see all of your rainy day pictures too! :lol:

EDIT: Awww, Susanne, the playhouse is so lovely! =)

. but what's a girl to do?!! :D

<kicking off shoes and jumping in a puddle> This works!! Ooooooooooohhh! That's cold!!

Can't wait to see how the conservatory looks with the BH. How's the cantercup/butterbury bash coming along?

Deb

Deb, the B/C is sulking in the corner right now. :blink: However, I'm going to Tracy's next Wednesday and taking it with me to work on the roof shingles with her. I just love how she does them and want that look for "Hyacinth's Periwinkle Tea House".

Progress on the conservatory is slow but steady. I have it together and will be spray painting it today and then painting the panels the same rose color as the Beacon Hill. I had a look last night at how to attach it to the house and it's going to be something!! I have to take the whole kitchen bay window unit out . . . yikes, I'm a little nervous about that, but it needs to be done!! :blink: I should be done by the end of the week and will post pictures . . . wish for rainy weather all week! Yuck!!

Another day of no rain, DH dug postholes yesterday for the kayak rack he finished making today, and he dug down 18" and the soil was bone-dry.

I made polyclay cabbages & cauliflowers for the Coventry garden and made some flowering shrubs from some lichens I collected last month on a walk. This morning I made pumpkins on the vine and put them in the garden. Yes, everyone, I took pictures! I'll try to finish the roll so I can get pictures up by next week at the latest.

I spent the rest of the day making some more dolls, I made a little old lady to come in and cook for the people in the Coventry and I finally got Porter & Ima Little Stout made & everyone's painted & ready to assemble.

<kicking off shoes and jumping in a puddle> This works!! Ooooooooooohhh! That's cold!!

Can't wait to see how the conservatory looks with the BH. How's the cantercup/butterbury bash coming along?

Deb

That is what both dds LOVE to do. When there is a big drenching rain (minus thunderstorms) they get out their like lunatics and dance in it. The neighbors are used to their rain dance now. They have been doing it for 8 yrs.

It is raining today in CT...I am so happy because my new plantings are getting a good drink and I can work on the dh instead of the shade garden.

I found a printie of switchplates. I am going to print them and glue them on scrap wood pieces. Will post pics if they turn out ok.

Here in NY we have not had any rain it has been in the 70s since Friday and I have been spending time outside all day long with the kiddies and been working with the puppy teaching her to stay in the yard so I dont have to tie her out so far soo good. I cant wait to see your conserveratory and I hope the rain will stop soon...

When there is a big drenching rain (minus thunderstorms) they get out their like lunatics and dance in it. The neighbors are used to their rain dance now. They have been doing it for 8 yrs.

You know Heidi, my Aunt and I used to do this when I was a little girl. We'd spalsh in the mud and everything and my Mom would fuss but HER mom my Grandma would tell her to leave me alone and let me have fun. My aunt and I was about the same age she was 5 years older but afterall of my clothes were completely a mess, I would where a pair of her clothes.

Thanks for the sweet trip down memory lane! :blink:

That was some of the best play time when I was a little girl growing up in West Palm Beach. The builders used to hate it because after it rained the next day we'd all head to the lot where they kept their huge piles of sand and we'd tunnel in it & build castles & cities until one of the contractors showed up & yelled at us. But they kept storing sand on the empty lots & we kept playing in it!

BTW y'all can send some of that nice, soaky rain our way.

Deb, the B/C is sulking in the corner right now. :lol: However, I'm going to Tracy's next Wednesday and taking it with me to work on the roof shingles with her. I just love how she does them and want that look for "Hyacinth's Periwinkle Tea House".

Now there's an idea! When a house gets stubborn, take it for a road trip! That should bring it out of the sulks and get it all fired up again. (and aren't you glad you're bashing small houses and not a Garfield coz that one just wouldn't work well for a road trip)

That is what both dds LOVE to do. When there is a big drenching rain (minus thunderstorms) they get out their like lunatics and dance in it. The neighbors are used to their rain dance now. They have been doing it for 8 yrs.

<giggling> I'm 44 and I still do that. In fact, a couple of years ago, we hadn't had any good thunderstorms for awhile, and I was at work when the thunder rolled and the skies opened up. I ducked behind the door of my office long enough to shimmy off the pantyhouse and toss my high heels in the corner, then I went blazing out the front door and spent the next half hour dancing in the parking lot in a silk suit. It ruined the suit, but boy, did I have a good time!!!

Deb

Your welcome tracy! :lol:

I used to do it as a kid too. I did it a couple years with them here too. Not to say I am an old crotchity and dont want to be bothered. I am on towel patrol now. Neither downpour or blizzard will stop my girls from their appointed messes! And this includes my oh so mature 17yr old chelsea! I am glad she still has some kid in her.

Raining again in CT. Nat has a school trip to NYC on friday.. I hope the weather gets better.

It`s raining, it`s pouring, the ole man is snoring, he went to bed and bumped his head and didnt get up till the morning..

My mom told me every nursery rhyme and I still do it and my kids roll their eyes at me :lol: . but hopefully if or when they have kids of their own, they will pass it on.

Still no rain here! I began dressing the dolls I made, as soon as I sew in the second sleeve and make her apron my elderly lady can get her bits of hair and then the Coventry is DONE!

Well, after two, or was it three?, days of rain it finally got nice again so outside into the garden I went. I don't mind splashing in puddles, but give me a nice warm sunny day anytime!! :)

The conservatory is glued together and spray-painted. Now I just have to glue on the detail pieces and paint the panels and it will be complete. I'm having a hard time getting geared up to break down the kitchen wall on the Beacon Hill, but it must be done! :lol: Today is a cold day, so I may get up the nerve to do it today! Wish me luck . . . I'm going in! :lol:

Teresa -

How will you go about breaking down the kitchen wall in your BH?

Will you take a small saw to it? Yes, I really am that clueless. I mean, you don't have a little mechanized wrecking ball ... or maybe you could put peanut butter on the wall and Picasso will peck it down! Does he work for peanut butter?

-Susanne

or maybe you could put peanut butter on the wall and Picasso will peck it down! Does he work for peanut butter?

Susanne, too funny!! :D He does LOVE peanut butter, but I'm afraid even he's not strong enough to peck down the wall!! Perhaps the wolf from the Three Little Pigs?!!

Still haven't done it yet . . . I'm procrastinating . . . and I'm afraid, very afraid!! I'll most likely use my handy dandy utility knife and my Dremel if the need arises. Sooner or later I'll have to face the fact that the wall must come down before any more progress can be made!! :D