Who lives in your dollhouse?

calicocow

DS#3 is the family arachniphobe, and so long as they capture & eat the bugs I leave 'em alone. We have exposed beams on the downstairs ceiling & occasionally a spider with a death-wish gets to play pinata with us...

Jaimie, my husband is afraid of them too :blink: he never admits it though. He always say Tracy, you are closer to it than I am and he'll move like 5' away from where I am just in case he was closer to it t han me :blink:

Poor little spider. B)

The best was to move them is either by hand ( get a feel of those hairy legs) haha or with a peice of paper and a glass. You slide the paper underneath the spider with the glass on top of it making sure not to trap its legs and then put it out if the window. I do understand that is the US you can get poisonous ones so I understand why you guys may be a little wary.

These little fellas are very important for the enviroment though so if you know they are harmless just let them go. They are much more scared of you and the slipper/newspaper you smack them with than you are of them I am sure.

Being a huge creepy crawly fan and they are welcome in my house/dollshouse anytime but not too many :blink: . NO cockroaches though. I admire the way they can survive on soap and survive nuclear bomb explosions etc but as long as they stay away from my house that's fine. Creepies will never cease to amaze me. :blink:

Love all the doll pics by the way!

I am so very afraid of spiders and they are attracted to me I think. I always seem to spot them (like the 4 i ran into yesterday right after i got home from work. I usually scream, jump and run first, then smash after i've had a second to recover. hate em, hate em, hate em! ugly buggers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can feel on watching me right now. I can't see it but i know it's there, lurking waiting for the right moment to make me jump 5 feet in the air. :blink::blink: I know they perform a function, but i cannot get past my terrible fear.

if you have spiders they say you will never have roaches

Maybe in YOUR part of the country, there aren't that many spiders in the state of FL! However, they do the best they can and even though if I'm unlucky enough to have one bite me (I don't swell up, but the bite is excruciating) it beats having the house carried off by the big brown bombers (roaches fly...). Our house is cedar so we live in a natural insecticide & the bugs we see are usually doing the death staggers across the linoleum.

Actually I don't seem to have any bugs in my dollhouses, but I wouldn't use ANY organic material in mini-making because of them.

To funny! I am the spider killer in my house. Hubby runs away like a little girl!

Last week our son was at teh table eating breakfast while we were getting ready for work. He started crying & calling for me. There was a small les than a dime sized spider crawling on the table cloth about a foot away from him. Hubby ran over grabbed him (the child, not spider) and ran down the hall saying "Mommy will get rid of him for you...."

What a baby... the four year old I understand, but hubby is just funny!

LOL! That's hilarious! I don't like them and kill them the minute I see they have entered our house! Actually, right now Tasha is trying to get one from behind the desk. I guess I need to go around the house with the spray again. Getting ants too. Ugh. The joys of spring. Oops. The spider got a little too close to me, and now it's the best kind of spider there is--dead.

Poor little spider. :p

The best was to move them is either by hand ( get a feel of those hairy legs) haha or with a peice of paper and a glass. You slide the paper underneath the spider with the glass on top of it making sure not to trap its legs and then put it out if the window.

Huh uh! Ain't no way! And if I put the thing out, it will come back in eventually. I have a rule--they can live outside my house all they like, but if they come in here and I see them, they die. Period.

Actually, if you have spiders they say you will never have roaches :blink: .

I can stomp on those just as well, but I haven't seen any here in the country house. On ocassion I see one in the other house and I immediately call the exterminator. Or Chloe. She likes playing with bugs.

Well, I won't say they are not harmless B) . I am allergic to there bite and swell up pretty bad if I get bitten by one and this is the Non poisenous ones :blink:

Here we have those lovely black widow spiders, and brown recluse spiders. Like I say, the best spider in my house is a dead spider.

Well I must be on the safe side if I have spiders. No roaches for me then. I hate the way they invade a house and take over. They get everywhere and are really hard to get rid of.

Over in the UK we are lucky enough not to have poisonous spiders so I just throw them out.

One thing about roaches. If you stand on a pregnant female apparently you can spread the eggs. :lol: I don't know if this is true though.

As much as I like spiders I definitely wouldn't like to have to deal with worrying about living in a country where there are poisonous ones. :lol:

just had to say who lives in My glencroft, although I should think no doll will ever get the realistic look that i would be after, it would just spoil the whole look of the house.

but anyhoo, there is a very modern trendy grandma who lives there, she has her pony loving 12 year old grand daughter round very often, grandma bakes, cook, sews, is crafty, very earth mother type. she also trawls the thrift shops for old furniture, pictures, knick nacks, some of it is antique most is just there because she likes it.

my Family who will live in the Fairfield (when its done) are a modern family with two kids, they have done the house up to its former victorian slendour, but will have all the modern conviences, just tastfully done. haven't worked out personalities for them yet

not as exciting as some of your little people

I sculpted the pub owners this week, as well as the Coventry Cottage owners' cook, who is finished. I started sewing the clothes for Porter & Ima Stout. I tried something different with them, and used the Sculpey molds for their faces and used pins, needles & my little sculpting tools to "refine & define" their expressions; I sculpted Catherine the cook in my "usual" freehand method. I like them both, for completely different reasons; the Stouts were EASY, but Catherine looks like an elderly lady I cared for during my nursing school clinicals.

Thank you, Sally, for turning the conversation back to dolls in the dollhouse and not spiders adn roaches anymore! LOL

What about having a roach doll family? :D

No seriously I am making replicas of people in my real family to go in my BH. So far I've had one inlaw quite upset by the look a like I've made (didn't like them anyway) and everyone else seem to like theirs.