I bought this house from micheals

asherah

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason its tilted or something. I kept looking at it when I was gluing it on and couldn't get what was wrong but now I finished the main part of the roof and started to look at the porch roof I realized it just not going to line up! Oh well..I will have to just do it the best I can. I keep that side to the wall most of the time anyway.

That was why I ended up cutting off my tabs and gluing the gable on freehand. It just wouldn't line up. But DH and the kids couldn't see what I was talking about so maybe it's only obvious to us anal/compulsive people.

I got my chimney done, will show pictures in a while. I'm waiting on the pot hook to dry so I can put it in the wall of the fireplace. i've been spackling the interior walls this morning. I had to mark off where the fireplace and all the beams will go, first, and discovered while doing that, that I had the fireplace planned for the wall where the door is-it wouldn't have opened! So I had to glue all the pieces back in the windows of the wall where it belongs, and remove the ones I had glued in on the wrong wall. We all make mistakes!

That's what I'm planning to do. I've got pictures of the dwarf house in the movie and trying to do it as much the same as possible. But it's a booger deciding where to put stucco and where I'll need to attach something else, like the stairs. I have a feeling I will be doing a lot of sanding off or adding on stucco, before it's done!

I should have done what Stan suggested. Got corrigated cardboard and made a copper roof for the shop. Too late now I have to finish. I didn't even stain the shingles because I used those very thin ones from Orchid. They are hard to work with in my opinion. I wonder if I can paint them without them warping...that's all I need!

Those wouldn't be bad. The pipecleaner people could sit in the chairs. I'm finished with the stucco on the inside and getting ready to start gluing beams in. I'm having to cut them one at a time, to make sure they all fit together right and the dwarves house doesn't come tumbling down on them!

Roy called, and I am going over to his house to teach him how to make rock chimneys. He's scratch building a log cabin-already has the logs done and wants a stone fireplace.

Oh a log cabin house would be something I would like to live in!

I was thinking how I made LIttle House on the Prairie people one time for my daughter from clothespins. They didn't come out that bad except they could only stand around or lay in bed...haha

I had a book that showed how to carve clothespins into jointed dolls that could sit, too; I never worked up the intestinal fortitude to try making them, though' I'm too fond of having my fingers on the ends of my hands!

I agree Holly! I don't think carving would be my forte. I have trouble keeping my fingers away from the vegitable peeler let along a carving instrument! It has be something easier than that. :laughbounce:

Well, I discovered this thread last night and was sure I missed the boat, getting a tiny,1/2 inch house from Micheal's for $8.00. :Jumpy:

Well, imagine my delight that my Michael's, (Ann Arbor, MI) still has quite a few! Not only that, but are on CLEARANCE. (This was in the seasonal stuff with birdhouses, etc.) So I got one of each style house for $4.99 each! :roflmao: The furniture is there too, but not on sale, but hey, only $4.99 for those too, what a deal! What is great, is that Hubby is going to put one together! His first! (and probably only! :laughbounce: )

They are fun! I've spent all of my spare time today making a door for the dwarf house. But it turned out ok! I'll take photos when I get to feeling industrious-the camera is in the other room, LOL!

There are no more left here, although one cashier told me that company was a new line for Michael's and they'd probably be carrying them for a while. But when I went to their clearance sale today, the rack was looking pretty empty. No problem, I've still got one more although I think this one for Christmas gift will be the last for a while. Hopefully I will get my craft room back soon and be able to finish the farmhouse and start the antique shop!

I almost have the roof done! Its not as bad as I thought it would be but I had to do some fudging to make it fit.

There were no houses left in my Michaels but I have two in the closet. I am sending my sister a set for Christmas and keeping the last one for a yet undetermined project. Once you get going on these you keep thinking of new ways to do them!

The ones here are $13.99, and no sign of them going on clearance, either. :roflmao: I know it's still a good price - but I'd rather save up my pennies for a Greenleaf house. I do have the one puzzle house kit that my friend gave me, waiting in the wings. So what am I complaining about!! :laughbounce:

They would make great gifts-for older kids or for mini-makers.

I am still working on the bottom floor of the dwarf house. I have the beams in and the walls stuccoed. But I think I will add a few decorative touches to the beams. The pictures I see of the Disney dwarf house have carving all over the beams, but I don't think I can manage all that! But the fireplace is done. I am going to use the stairs, so I'm thinking about what I might do to them. Any suggestions?

I thought about cutting dowels, but they would make the stairs so narrow, and I have to keep reminding myself this is for a child and not to put stuff in there too delicate to play with. That's hard!

Yes thats why I thought some kind of cute decor...

do you make your own stair spindles and railings? I see the Farm House has no railing for stairs and the parts can be quite pricey. I guess I am going to learn how to construct things! Should be interesting with no tools.

I finished the roof but the outside needs more...its boring and incomplete.