I bought this house from micheals

asherah

Joshua's lifestyle are miniatures that they sold in our Michaels but apparently now they are clearing out of them.

I got a couple of things they had in a bin but I was thinking of looking them up online just to see what else they carry. Want me to scan a picture of one of the packages? I got a couple of little telephones that are probably 1 inch scale instead of 1/2 but I am using one in my Michaels house anyway. I also got a verandah house and furniture that I plan to give to my sister for Christmas. I don't know if she will buy them for herself but if she does then I am sure I can use them.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to mention that I was in Walmart yesterday and went to look for the Snow White set I want. They have some precious tiny Tinkerbells that are a great size for these houses! probably about 3 inches tall.

I'm working on my chimney right now. I decided to do it with the colored aquarium gravel, and it's tedious! I keep having to patch spots where the wood still shows. But I think it will look good IF I ever get it done!

Kool! I bet that chimney will be colorful! You are so creative! Who would have thunk it....fish gravel!

Thoughts:

I was on here reading late last night and got into that thread where some people were really going bonkers about some book they had read from the library. I read Dean's letter about allowing us to write in this site about other companies. I felt kind of guilty that we are writing a lot about these little puzzle houses that are not GL. I think he was upset and I don't blame him a bit. I certainly would not write in here about another dh company at the expense of his business. I really love the GL houses and when I can make up my mind which one I want to buy and can afford one its the only company I would purchase from. It really upset me that whole thread. We are all here supposedly to enjoy sharing our love of miniatures and for the most part everything has been very positive and friendly. This is the best site I have ever been on and would hate to see it ruined.

Anyway, I didn't have time to get into the craft or toy section in our Walmart I just wanted to get my stuff and get out of there. I might go to AC Moore today. They use to carry GL houses when I worked for them and I would love it if they would again. There isn't one miniatures store anywhere near me.

Do I write too long on here? :)

Roxxie, I'm not even going to discuss different dollhouses again with anyone! No one understands what I am trying to say and gets all fired up over their perception of what I said. From now on, I'll talk about building, playing, but no opinions on anything again!

You got it! I'm bidding on some Chrysnbon kits today, I seem to be on an Ebay kick. I sure hope my mom's furniture arrives today! I'm trying to get my dollhouses spiffed up and ready for my 6 yr old grand daughter to see, I'd like to see her mom get that San Francisco I built her out and let us finish it for Shiloh. She loves the toy dollhouse we got her for Christmas and I think she'd really love a real one.

Still gluing gravel on my chimney. It's starting to look like a chimney now. I'm trying to decide whether to put the windows and doors on before or after I stucco. Big decisions!

In my opinion, Sherry, you should have the right to share your opinions and I did read and understand yours. I guess some people just get too hot to just listen and take in someone elses thoughts without getting all upset.

I won't go on further we will just talk about what we are doing and making and let it go.... hugs!

:)

I just wrote Hugs...I hope that doesn't get anyone bent out of shape....I always end my emails to my friends that way.

I am still making furniture for my Verandah house. I like a house nice and filled up when it comes to DH rooms.

I am also trying to make a porch swing or bench.

I am thinking of how I can use the little battery lights I bought in the house. Maybe I can figure a way to add sparkle.......I love sparkle! I need to stain some chairs and finish the kitchen. I am thinking I will make a haunted house out of the other Verandah house I bought. Before you know it the $1 Tree will have Halloween stuff out! Happy Summer everyone!

Last time I was in Michael's, I asked if they would continue to carry these. The lady told me that the whole section with the wood puzzles, games, etc, was a new line they were carrying, so they would continue to get them for however long they carry that line-Hurray!

Hobby Lobby is having their half price sale on doll house stuff this week, too!

I wish we had a Hobby Lobby. Our AC Moore has some stuff but VERY expensive and not much variety.

I am so glad Michaels will continue to carry these for fun. I just measured over my kitchen cabinets and I might be able to fit these little houses on top. Of course you can't see them well but it would work to store them. Always looking for space around here. I was hoping to find some little inexpensive lazy susans to put them on.

I am stopping into the $1 tree today on my usual trip across town on Sunday so maybe I will find something in there. Thinking more and more about a 1:12 house now but the cash isn't there. Too bad I need a lawn mower and boring stuff like that. lol I am going to try and finish the furniture today if I ever get offline and stop shopping for houses. B) What are you working on?

My sons finally got out and trimmed the staircases for my farmhouse so I could add the banisters I made for them. I'm anxious to get them finished and in the house so I can finish decorating it! So I am painting on the first set to see how it looks when it is all done and installed. If I don't like these, my house will have to go without stair rails!

I just spent the afternoon making "stuff" for my michaels kitchen. Pretty silly looking canisters and bottles for the shelf. I can piddle around all afternoon for so little. I might finish this thing one day.

Hope your banisters work out! I love old farm houses since I lived in one built in 1831 and then a new version that I copied my old one. Maybe I should build a farmhouse. Does Greenleaf make one?

oh I did stop at the $ tree and got some packages of lace they had in the craft dept.

They worked out great! Just in there with miniwax right now, but really look the way I wanted! That's a relief, these stairs were really frustrating because I couldn't find what I wanted. Now I can move on to finish the decorating!

I need to look in my old pictures and see if I can find a picture of my 1831 farm house. I moved so many times who knows where it is. I will look at that Washington and see what it looks like.

I am running out of places to put things in this teeny house. Maybe its almost done!

Me bad! Have moved onto the Gloucester, and now the 2nd little Micheal's house must wait patiently under the couch. DD said she wasn't ready to jump into it yet anyway. She has all these plans drawn up for a stone "Fairie's House" She is finished high school, (grade 9) and wants to spend 2 weeks eating and sleeping!!??? She has finished with an 84% average, so I guess she deserves the break!

I think that is what teenagers do best.......eat and sleep! I had a couple of them around myself once ( teenagers). My son is discovering how much work kids are ...pay back is so much fun to watch tee hee!

I am thinking of putting on my shoes and going to AC Moore with my coupon this morning. I can't let that coupon just sit there...maybe I will get cutters so I don't break my hand with the box cutter. I have such a hard time cutting through wood and modifying things with that plus I am going to cut off a finger eventually. OUCH!

I need more beads so I can make little accessories. I am trying to make fake lights for the ceiling etc. Next time real lights I really love real lights.

Roxy

I guess everyone is working on bigger projects. I am still playing with my Very Violet Puzzle House.

I saw a fairy figurine in the $1 Tree but she was too big for our half size houses...she was kind of pretty!

I am trying to make a support for the front porch and finish the interior.

Nite all

Awe chucks Roxxie, we're still watching your progress. I still have a little house to build under the couch. I had not expected I'd get a Gloucester. I couldn't resist jumping right into it.

I have my fairy house stuccoed, and will finish the interior next. I'm anxious to get the roof on and see if my Chimney is going to fit! Once I get that done, I'll post a picture for you to see.

Roxxie, I went in Walgreen's the other day, they had Disney figure pot hangers. I got two Tinkerbells for $3. One is standing, the other sitting on a rock, and perfect scale. And if you have a BigLots, they had beading kits for $5 that have charms in them, tiny utensils and a teapot that are just about 1/2 scale, or close enough to use! Look in their craft dept where they have the scrapbook stuff. It's a bag about the shape of a pencil holder bag, with beads, charms, wire, etc in it.