Primrose

In my endeavor to finish the Primrose fairly quickly (read 3 weeks) I totally forgot to order any chair rail or floor boards, nor any other trim. So, now, my chances of finishing it this weekend look bleak. I am going to figure out how to add photos to this post...

Ok, photos attached---I am now stuck on picture #4 (DSC00073.JPG) until I get my trims--I am hoping to get my sweetheart cottage this week so I can be working on it while waiting for my parts. BTW: the house is Dark Blue---I mean dark! Dark gray & Light gray for the windows, shutters, windowboxes etc.

The Primrose has been easier than I thought it would be to put together. Of course, having read posts on here I knew what to look for and how to fix any problems that might come up.

So far, nothing gargantuan has happened to upset me. After all, it is a small, simple house unlike the Fairfield, which my husband wants me to get. *He's a G-scale railroader and wants things that will go out (only while I'm out there you can be sure) to sit with his trains while running them for guests. He is modeling in 1:29th scale, which is unheard of in model building. Most stuff is 1/2 scale and I have to make do with that. He wants to scale down the plans for the Primrose and turn it into a miniature of itself--how cute is that! A big one and a little one--can't wait--he's going to size it and cut it out for me. Who knows how long that will be tho! He is currently pouring cement for the track and things that I am working on like this are really not in his interest yet. But they will be!! :lol:

Enjoy the pics---they are a little dark, but you can get the idea.

Sandra

I'm partial to using old nursing textbooks only because my med-surge textbook outweighs Jean Auel by a factor of 3!

lol...i'd use mine, but in the course of moving from state to state i have lightened my load so much that most of my books are gone! I have more somewhere in the basement....where i have no idea, we moved back to Utah a year ago and still have yet to unpack a ton of boxes!

Your colors are beautiful!

I thought about using my husbands pharmacy texts, but I think he'd kill me---he still uses them! My nursing texts got rid of a lonnngg time ago.

Thanks for all the compliments--I used scrapbook paper--especially the swirled paper for the ceilings and the upstairs walls--looks like wall texture. the lower floors will be chair-rail but haven't got it yet---even today! waaahhh!

Sandra

WHOO HOO! I managed to get to the W.E.S.T. meeting tonight (IN DES MOINES!!!) and met Mr. Steve Dann and most of the lovely members of the club! Such wonderful & fun ladies all! And I got to snoop into Steve's collection of strip wood and low & behold! Chair rail & baseboard by the ton! (not to mention the siding, mouldings, etc) ;) (doing happy dance) I bought the pieces that I needed to finish the inside of my Primrose!!! No more waiting for the mail delivery (now it will come tomorrow--oh well) I'd prefer to buy locally anyway.

So, now the pieces are cut & stained and drying--impatient to put them in and get the roof on! Then my last effort will be to build the roof! :blink: This could be a challenge! My last cedar shingle roof came out fairly poor--but I know more now of what NOT to do---like staining them---think I'll just let the be au naturel...

I will post pictures of the inside as soon as I get the pieces in (probably tomorrow night).

Sandra

• 5 months later...

I LOVE your colors! I got my paint so long ago I think I'm doing a grey exterior and considering a wedgewood blue trim. It will be fun to see how it turns out! You are doing a really nice job. I'd use texts from school too, but most of my stuff was "course packets" so I guess that won't do lol.

aj