Alexandria roof

ebonylocs

i mentioned before in previous posts i have an alexandria that is 80% built, i started the build but didn't complete it because we were in the process of moving to our new house. somehow during the shuffle and confusion, my roof parts are missing! i have looked everywhere, the attic the closets, under beds. i would hate to believe they got accidently thrown out?? so now this dh sits in our office without a roof. buying another kit just for the roof pieces is not an option. so i need some ideas, if there are any on what do do? i have been so frustrated, i have on occasion felt like carting this dh to the curb. it is soo big and it is taking up so much space. even if i finish the roof, i will have to give it away. (anyone with a pick up truck heading towards vegas?) anyway the only thing i could think of was constructing a make shift roof out of foam core? any other ideas?

• 1 month later...

Could you make it out of 1/4 inch plywood.? It would be much stronger.!! That house is no longer made and is very expensive when you do find it.!! and it weighs a ton.!!! I have one in the box but cannot get to it right now.... I would really hate to see you have to toss it out because of the roof.!! It is such a beautiful house... It may take me a few weeks or so... trying to wait for the rain to stop here so I can take everything out of the basement and lay carpet in there.... then I would be able to pull it out.!! But It may be a bit...

kellee

Kimberly, why not offer it in the Trading section? There are members in CA & NV who, I'm sure, would be close enough to make the trip to pick it up and give it a roof and a loving home.

I am going to start seriously talking to my better half and talk him into letting me give the Alexandria away as soon as I finish the roof. I really do not care for it even though it is a beautiful house, it is just too big and too heavy.

It is such a beautiful house, it's a shame to get rid of it. Can't you get rid of the couch instead? Or the stove? You know, useless stuff.

You think it would be wrong to get rid of the graduating teen instead?

If you have a teen graduating, your problem is solved. Give him/her 30 days to get out and then move the dollhouses into their space! If nothing else, it will crowd their old room so badly that they Can't move back in! :)