The Adams Garden Shed/Cottage

Jody

I am building The Adams as a one room garden shed/cottage with a shabby chic theme. Here are some pix so far. I am still putting in trim, deciding on the exterior finish and collecting items to go inside. I've made a few changes today. The 'slate' floor is Creative Paperclay and the wallpaper trim is a scrapbook sticker. The items inside I arranged to test the floor area and placement.

2889183370053085907S425x425Q85.jpg

2083596840053085907S425x425Q85.jpg

2010800980053085907S425x425Q85.jpg

2704542610053085907S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking. Critiques and suggestions appreciated.

Jody

2010800980053085907S425x425Q85.jpg

Thank you all! Hey, Tracy! I just figured out how to post pix here and need to check in more often.

Havanaholly, I am hoping to improve my sculpting abilities.

Does anyone know why there are slots on the side walls of The Adams? In the picture of the completed Adams on the instruction sheet, the slots are there but there is nothing to be joined to it although on one side, I want to put a little shed.

Thanks again.

Jody :)

Does anyone know why there are slots on the side walls of The Adams? In the picture of the completed Adams on the instruction sheet, the slots are there but there is nothing to be joined to it although on one side, I want to put a little shed.

If I am thinking about the right slots... you're looking at the slots the front porch roof slides into. The porch roof is slightly lower than the actual roof. Is that the one you mean?

Up no - reading it again i think you're referring to the ceiling wall piece... there should be a piece of wood the same size as the floor - it's the ceiling so you can have an attic if you want. But cathedral ceilings work too!

There are slots on the two side walls, those are the ones I am not sure what's supposed to go in them. I have the porch floor and roof pieces but can't figure out the slots on the side walls toward the tops? I may have to fill them in somehow and then try to blend my paint on them. I am also considering stonework from Paperclay as my exterior siding but I can't seem to do as professional a job with that as Tracy or Rik Pierce. :):)

Jody

Yes, I should have done that before this point but now will just have to fill in as best I can. I may get creative and hang something over them maybe? I was thinking about high wall shelves to put more knickknacks?

Thanks for the reminder. This is the second Greenleaf kit I've done but I have the Sugarplum Cottage so will need to remember that for that one as well if I change the inside.

Jody