Ain't we havin' some fun now!

Deb

And David, take off the red shoes and give 'em back to my sister. Just coz a house fell on her doesn't mean she has to give up her fashion accessories. <cackle>

Yea yea take away my new toys.. I only borrowed them to get photos :lol: <taking off the ruby slippers>.. actually they sort of pinch in the toes :(

Deb what can I say except Wow! I couldn't even picture this in my mind but that looks awesome! What does it feel like with the varnish dried? Do you think it is likely to attract dust or has the varnish made it so you can wipe off the top easily. I was worried about how to dust a coconut fiber one but was told it's really no big deal but this looks pretty darn good!! I can already envision a project for this technique. Now to keep my eyes open for varnish to give it a try (I've probably got some in the garage somewhere) The color fur you chose is great too - gives it a nice weathered look something I over looked when shingling my wizards cottage.. the house is looking old.. except for the brand new roof -what was I thinking :lol:

BTW your house totally rocks!

-David

Thanks guys. I've never bashed a whole house before, so hearing that it doesn't look like a Coventry anymore makes me feel like I did it right. :D When I started I wasn't sure if it was going to emerge as japanese either, but the house has told me what it wanted all the way thru and, as always, listening to the house makes it come out right.

David: What does it feel like with the varnish dried? Do you think it is likely to attract dust or has the varnish made it so you can wipe off the top easily.

It actually feels like thatch........kinda fibery and stiff. I think it'll dust pretty well with a feather duster.

CrzyLdyWmn: So, how does one do the comb and fur technique, please? It looks really good.

I updated my blog last night with the thatching process if you want to see a walk-thru. It's here .

Deb

I updated my blog last night with the thatching process if you want to see a walk-thru. It's here .

Deb

Anyone know where the term 'blog' comes from?

I keep seeing William Shatner: Captain's blog, startdate 5252. We just passed the planet Nebulon 4, where we had to stop to let Spock take a pee.

Deb

Thanks, Deb.

Anyone know where the term 'blog' comes from?

The word blog comes from web log.

I keep seeing William Shatner: Captain's blog, startdate 5252. We just passed the planet Nebulon 4, where we had to stop to let Spock take a pee.

ROFL. One of my dog's name is Spock. "Let Spock take a pee." is a common phrase around here.