Get the door....

Deb

<happy new house dancing> The Aster just arrived! Woooooooohoooooooooo!!!

I have to go to work. I don't wanna go to work. <looking at the box> <looking at the door> <looking at my watch>

<sigh> Sometimes my sense of responsibility is my greatest liability. <petting the box> Okay, I'm off to work.

Deb

I love petting boxes !! and I pet half finished houses, the bits of wood in the boxes, near finished houses. in fact my glencroft box if now empty but i am loath to get rid of it, we have had so many happy memories and it is so pretty.......... can i keep empty boxes !! LOL

Congratulations on you new dollhouse! =) Deb, somehow the link at your signature doesn't work for me. I just wanted to let you know cause all the other members' signature links work for me. Very strange...

.......... can i keep empty boxes !! LOL

Oh, please do keep the empty boxes. Coz if you do, I won't feel quite so bad about the stack of empty boxes in the studio. :)

Congratulations on you new dollhouse! =) Deb, somehow the link at your signature doesn't work for me. I just wanted to let you know cause all the other members' signature links work for me. Very strange...

Thanks for the heads up about the broken link Anne. I tried it and it didn't work for me either. I'm not sure what was wrong with it, but I fixed it and it works now.

Deb

<giggling> Yep, the Aster has been real opinionated for the past couple of months.....and it just got here yesterday so that's one *seriously* opinionated house! It's going to be my Emerald Fairy cottage. The Emerald Fairy is the one who plants stones in the ground for the gnomes and dwarfs to mine. She's not what you would consider to be your, um, normal, type of fairy. (nothing sweet or cute about her at all) She's been dealing with the gnomes and dwarfs for so long that she's gotten to be pretty brash and has a whole lot of attitude. I haven't found exactly the right fairy to live in it yet, but she'll either be a Diva or a Tramp. (there's another term I'll use privately for that last personality type, but you get the idea)

I've got a lot of plans for this little house and have started collecting some things for it already. It will be done in shades of green and the walls will be stucco inside and out. On the interior walls, I'm going to inset genuine peridot, emerald and citrine chips into the stucco.

The thing that I really love about this little house so far is the loft. I'm going to put in a hanging bed for the fairy (maybe a disco ball above it if she goes with the Type B personality I mentioned above) I've already got the bed started for it with some pretty green cushions and mattress. It's going to be a very earthy house, but it'll have a whole lot of flash! Can you tell I'm excited about it? It's the next one to be built after the Wizard's House/Glencroft which is going on the table in a couple of weeks when the Coventry is done.

I'm building the Emerald Fairy House for myself. I'm going to put the Wizards House/Glencroft next door to the Witches House/Orchid on a shady lane/leafy grove type of setting and the fairy house may go into that grouping with them.

Deb

So, black leather? Punk do? 6" Stilleto's (or however it's spelled). Whips, that sorta thing? Kind of a nastier Elvira. I can see it. But hey, she's got a way better job than the tooth fairie. Can you imagine having to go collect all these 'orrible lost teeth every night. Evil job that'd be. Be better off being the urinal fairie.

Deb: The plans for your Astor sound fascinating and wickied. LOL I'll keep a look out for a sultry fairie with an attitude for ya. :lol:

When you complete your grove gets set up you must take us on a virtual tour.

Can you imagine having to go collect all these 'orrible lost teeth every night. Evil job that'd be. Be better off being the urinal fairie

Never thought of that way, but I'd bet there would be money to be made (like the one who come and clean out your septic tank) :lol: .