OMG!!! My week! My week!

heidiiiii

I have had a horrific week. They say it comes in threes. Did they mean times 3?

My tooth! My hormones!

Now here is the newest...

Chelsea has the flu. Big Big flu. I have lysol`ed the rest of the family. I have been babying her since Saturday morning. Fevers, throat, ears, muscle pain, pain in my butt! LOL Doc says it is going around. I am so tired from being Florence Nightingale! Not because I dont want to take care of her, just physical tired.

Then the worst happened! The absolute WORST!

I woke up Sunday, started coffee, turned on the computer and was puttering around. I heard something strange. The computer kept restarting.. Nothing I did would work. No safe mode.. nothing.

The guy who built and works on our computer told me yesterday that it is good thing I didnt use Ghost restorer. He thinks it is a hardware problem. I have pull the sucker out today and bring it too him.

Now he works 2 jobs.. He wont get to it until SATURDAY!

Chelsea has papers due, Natalie has research to do, I have chatting to do...LOL

So it is 9:45am and I am standing in front of a computer at the public library. I had to come here anyway and pick up a book. Something or someone smells...(sniffing armpit, im okay)

Just wanted to let you all know I wasnt dead. ;) Hopefully I will have the computer fixed by Sunday and I will be back online. If I dont reply, you will know why.

Take care and see you all soon!

Heidi

Poor Heidi

They say things go around in 3's but it sounds like you got it in 4's this time! Hoping Chelsea gets well soon - that no one else gets sick and that your computer is up and running again soon!

<big hugs>

David

Heidii,

I am sorry to laugh but you just crack me up. Between the armpit thing and diving into the mountain of ice cream(another topic) I cannot help myself. :D:p:D B) :D

Ok trying to be serious ;) :D:) Ok it isn't working.

Ah hum.

OK. Sorry to hear that Chelsea is sick not fun. I know what it's like to have a sick teen. Especially a dramatic sick teen. ;)

Man I don't know what I would do if my computer was down. I swore for years I wouldn't get the net now look at me. I would miss you all too much.

Next week will be a much better week.

SuzyQ

Don't give up hope Hiedi. If it's restarting constantly, the hardware problem probably won't be with the hard drive. If the worst case scenario is that the 'puter can't be fixed, your hard drive can be pulled intact and the contents transferred over to another computer. There are some viruses that can make a computer restart all the time but that can usually be cleaned up as well. So don't feel too bad. Chances are your hard drive will be okay and you won't lose any data.

<giggling> I used to be a technical training manager for Apple and one of the things I liked to do to the newbies was sneak into the training class before they got there and do things like put "shut down" in the start up folder. Drove 'em nuts. ;) (and it wasn't really a mean thing to do---it was actually part of the training to learn how to diagnose and fix the unexpected)

Hang in there dear. You'll be back on line with us before you know it.

Deb

Yeah right Deb, I can just see you. Hiding behind the door, peeking out and watching the looks of horror and frustration on their faces ( the poor newbies) and you just giggling away.

Heidi, I hope this is the end of the bad luck you've been having and your daughter is getting better. Maybe you'll get your computer before Sunday and I'm sure that will bring a smile to your face.

Take care

Wendy

Do you hear what I hear? A song A song...(my tower is singing to me!)

It wasnt a hardware problem. He said that it had crashed and probably because SOMEBODY didnt shut down properly. I didnt lose my data! Yeah! I am going to be putting stuff on disc tomorrow! Lesson: If you think it is important, save it or it will be lost forever. We dont have the CSI team on retainer to save our dollhouse pics and recipes.

It was good I talked to him. He told me about a website where you can get programs for students and teachers at a discount called academic superstore.

I will be able to get Chelsea Illustrator for cheaper than retail. Lots cheaper.

Anyway.. I have to go out tomorrow and buy a new version of Mcafee because my version expired on Friday. He thinks there might be a virus. That is how insidious the internet has become. No virus protection for 1 day and I might be infected. So I am not going to be on much :) . Chels and Nat have been warned until we have our computer profilactic on.

Chels now has laryngitis (sp?). I feel sorry but also happy a teenager cant talk. I might have to keep her home tomorrow and call the dr. and have her come in. Worried she might have infection. But she has no fever or chills anymore.

Now is the time to play the Powerball! I have had so much poo dumped on me that I just have to get SOMETHING good out of all this misery!

Thanks for the support.

And yes...Someone really really needed some Ban roll on in the computer area!

Heidi, I'm so glad your computer was easily fixed, but sorry your daughter is ill. If she is anything like my kids when they were teenagers, they wanted their mama all the time; but let them get to feeling better and you are relegated back to being just the atm machine or chauffeur. LOL

Yeah right Deb, I can just see you. Hiding behind the door, peeking out and watching the looks of horror and frustration on their faces ( the poor newbies) and you just giggling away.

<wicked cackling> Oh, I'd be sitting at a desk at the front of the room with the trainer watching it all from the best seat in the house. The ones giggling behind the door were the rest of the management team if they got word that it was "moof" day. I had a cd of 1000 practical jokes to play on Macs so the problems I could create were almost unlimited. <evil grin> It was a learning experience and even if it was fun for me to watch, it was also helpful to them to learn how to fix the unexpected. I think my favorite one was the "dodge ball" icon. Every time you put your mouse on an icon, it would scream and jump to the other side of the screen.

I feel sorry but also happy a teenager cant talk. I might have to keep her home tomorrow and call the dr. and have her come in. Worried she might have infection. But she has no fever or chills anymore.

I'm glad she's feeling a little better now and hope she's much better by tomorrow. Too bad you can't fix sick kids as easy as you can fix a sick 'puter.

Deb

If she is anything like my kids when they were teenagers, they wanted their mama all the time; but let them get to feeling better and you are relegated back to being just the atm machine or chauffeur. LOL

Amen! Dont you just wish you teens had memory? Like the 1000s of dirty diapers we rescued them from. Or making sure we took them to see Santa?

No! They remember the time you didnt give them money for the movies or the day they wanted you to drive them and their 4 friends three hours to an alternative band show and you asked if any of THEM had a license or a parent with no brain function to take them.

Sometimes I tell them I am not Mom or Heidi, Just call me Hazel!

No! They remember the time you didnt give them money for the movies or the day they wanted you to drive them and their 4 friends three hours to an alternative band show and you asked if any of THEM had a license or a parent with no brain function to take them.

Sometimes I tell them I am not Mom or Heidi, Just call me Hazel!

I'm with you Heidi,

RayAnnes lastest reply when I tell her no about something starts with, "But mom you don't understand......."

Then continues with her debate. I told her if I heard "But mom you don't understand again" she'd be grounded a week for each time she said it. Meaning she will be grounded until next year if it doesn't stop. :) ;)

Have a good morning

SuzyQ

It is a good thing I didnt go to staples and spend $50-60 on a virus program. I looked in my cd folder and found Mcaffee Virus! Seems that when the puter guy worked on computer last year he didnt use my disc but put in a trial program. So I have the same thing that expired but it is legal and paid for. I am loading and scanning for virus` now.

Phew!

Now I can use that money to add to the money I saved to fix the computer to buy my own copy of XP. Long story,,,not getting into specifics.. Oh yeah! I have my own xp :) Really I do. ;) :o