I'm so excited.

SuzyQ

I know this may sound silly but, I just got my first mini catalog in the mail!!!

I have been waiting for like a month. We live so far from an actual mini store. I feel like I have one here now. I know there are many sites on the internet but AOL is punishing me for not subscribing to highspeed so access is a bit slow.

Anyhow I just had to share my good news. I feel like maybe we can move on a bit with the Garfield.

My daughter refuses to make any decisions until she picks out area rugs. Sounds funny I know but she wants to decorate around them. She is very artistic so I am going to trust her judgement. ;)

You all have a great day!

SuzyQ

Ohhh I feel the same way. I received my order from HBS today with the new catalogue in it and last week I got a huge box of approx. 8 years of Nutshell News from ebay and my new subscriptions for American Miniaturist and Dollhouse Miniatures came for this month. I'm one who is thrilled too.

Ohhh I feel the same way. I received my order from HBS today with the new catalogue in it and last week I got a huge box of approx. 8 years of Nutshell News from ebay and my new subscriptions for American Miniaturist and Dollhouse Miniatures came for this month. I'm one who is thrilled too.

Well, I have finished looking through the miniature catalog. So many things to choose from.

RayAnne is going to be so excited when she gets home. ;)

Anyone have a prefrence on siding? Wood of MDF?

SuzyQ

SuzyQ -

I understand your excitement. Even though I have the internet, I do like curling up with a catalogue.

Wendy -

8 years of Nutshell News! Which years? I bought the years 1994 and 1995 off of ebay about a month ago. I just love them. It's the postage that runs expensive here to Canada, but the magazines are well worth it.

Susanne

The only MDF I have worked with was the Grand Ballroom kit for DS' roombox, and I have an even stronger preference for wood than I did before ;)

I know this may sound silly but, I just got my first mini catalog in the mail!!! ...

SuzyQ,

It doesn't sound silly at all! I love sitting and looking through catalogs and magazines. Especially miniature catalogs. It's nice to be able to sit and read away from the computer and I'll thumb through my HBS catalog maybe 20 times before I place an order - they're just fun! ;)

-David

SuzyQ,

It doesn't sound silly at all! I love sitting and looking through catalogs and magazines. Especially miniature catalogs. It's nice to be able to sit and read away from the computer and I'll thumb through my HBS catalog maybe 20 times before I place an order - they're just fun! :)

-David

Thank you. I am glad to see I'm not the only one who loves to pour over magazines. Since my husband and I are Homebuilders (you know the kind you actually live in ;) ) My favorites are of houseplans and blueprints. I can look at those for hours.

SuzyQ

Susanne, this was the ebay auction. The box was 72 lbs so it ended up very costly to ship to Canada. But I don't regret purchasing them. I also received other issues from other auctions as well. I won't be short of reading material for awhile for sure.

Wendy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=7010511298

SuzyQ

The only MDF siding I have seen is 3/8", that's what I plan to use. Any other sizes would necessitate wood. From what I've seen wood siding has a tendency to warp, so the edges can become pronounced. MDF, being mostly resin, shouldn't have this problem.

I am even more excited now. As most of you know the closest mini shop is an hour away so we don't get to go very much. My niece is having a wedding shower in that area on Saturday so we get to go mini shopping!!!! My daughter is so excited. ;) :) ;)

Have a great day

SuzyQ