My sister's first dollhouse

Missymew

Does anybody recognize what the name of this dollhouse might be? I've put a couple of photos in the gallery.

After my dad built the Beacon Hill for me in 1998, he ordered plans for a dollhouse and built this one for my sister. She wasn't interested, so dad gave it to her young daughters. As you can see it needs fixing up. Stephanie and Brittany were young for this dollhouse. I see dad only put Christmas lights across the ceiling rather than electrify after my sister expressed her disinterest.

As my sister's daughters are now grown, and my sister has left her husband, I phoned her ex (we're still friends) and asked if he'd bring the dollhouse dad built up for me to look after. I didn't want it getting lost or wrecked. He just dropped it off a while ago. I've taken a couple of photos. It has a front wing with two more rooms that I wasn't able to photograph as I'll need Ray to put it out on a table that isn't against a wall.

There's also more parts - dad's always made a landscaping base with grass for his dollhouses. He's also made a patio. I'll need Ray's help in lifting though as I've torn ligaments in my right shoulder.

I'm so looking forward to fixing this house up. My sister's disinterest has always been a mystery to me. But then again, she also left the family dog. She and I are so not alike.

-Susanne

I've got a few dollhouse families ready to move in. I took my dad and mum out this morning - my dad was very pleased to hear I'd rescued this poor house. I'm looking forward to getting some time to have a better look at it and see what materials I might need for restoration.

-Susanne

Ray's got it all set up for me now. Its a really huge dollhouse. My dad's dollhouses always come with a sturdy stand on casters. The house and landscaping base "snap in place" so there's no chance of tipping or sliding off the stand.

My dad does excellent finishing work. The only corners he cut on this one (because my sister wasn't interested and he realized halfway through his build that it was going to be going to two small children instead - was that he just used pieces of lino (full size) that he had around. He also didn't electrify with miniature wiring, but just strung up some Christmas type lights across the interior.

Ray has already ripped out the lighting .... I also saw him with his caboose and some other train (G scale) a little while ago. I have a feeling that these lights have been transferred to use in his trains. LOL A while back Ray discovered how wonderfully interchangeable are our two hobbies.

I've just finished working from home. I log in and work from home instead of going to the office some days.

I have a hair appointment in a few hours, but I think that I'm going to go and "play" in my new dollhouse.

Oops, did I say "my" and not "my sister's"....snicker snicker

-Susanne

• 1 month later...