Question for all you Arthur owners

rbytsdy

Hi folks, I am getting in an Arthur kit, which I plan to do up in red and white (leftover from my Beacon Hill build) for the granddaughter of a colleague of mine. I have the Corona Concepts furniture kits which I could put together for it as I did for the Orchid (I had to scale the pieces down to 1/18 or 1/16 to look right in the Orchid so I guess I would probably have to do the same for the Arthur too).

I also have this "puzzle" kit set, which I dry-fit this afternoon:

It is definitely 1/24, or half-scale... I am thinking of all kinds of fun things to do to finish it with cloth and fancy papers and stains and paints and...

My question is, would half-scale work in the Arthur (with some modifications to doors / windows / steps), or would it simply be dwarfed in the rooms?

Thanks in advance for your comments...

I have that Wood Craft 1:24 furniture kit, I plan to bash it for either the Fantasy Villa or the Fairfield; both are 1:24 house kits. I wouldn't put it in the Arthur, which is a 1:12 cottage. The DIL who now owns the Arthur I built furnished it in 1:12 furniture, and it looks very cute.

Thanks for your comments, folks-- while waiting for the Arthur to arrive, I have started on some of the Corona Concepts pieces, though I am downsizing them vertically by about half an inch because they look too tall to me otherwise...