Holly Hobbie House?

ABQ Minis

Hi!

I hope someone can help me out with this! I was given this house and I am trying to identify it! http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...i&img=32822 was told it may be a Holly Hobbie House. It's about 20 years old and has been neglected for about that long! I am doing a complete rehab on it! I have ordered all new windows and doors. (trying to strip and refinish the old ones would be a nightmare I wouldn't want to tackle!) I also ordered 2 new staircases! Luckily, the wallpaper is coming off pretty easily! I will be installing all new wood floors, new electric (the old system has to come out, it has corroded in too many places!) new tile in the kitchen and bath... Okay, a total gut job! This is a gem in the rough! But a gem none the less!

I would love some ideas to jazz up the front! Anybody out there have any ideas? Many thanks!!!

I would love some ideas to jazz up the front!
The inside is such lovely pastel colors that that RED outside looks a tad harsh. If it were mine I would finish the siding on the inner edge of the bay front and paint that siding a softer or darker color, rose or burgundy, moss or humter green, or a nice slate blue. I would finish the second floor exterior with either brick or stone effects, or shingles and stain them a soft golden color, and go with white trim on windows & doors; and, being me, I'd paint that front door blue.

It looks like your house is called The Country Squire by the Dollhouse Manufacturing Company. Your house may be modified slightly or may be a later model - my picture doesn't show a round window there in the attic and from your gallery pictures, it looks like you have French doors in the side wall and a dormer on the roof and my picture doesn't show that either. I wouldn't worry too much about the porch - that might have broken off.

The best way to check this would be to take the measurements: 28"H x 36" W x 22" D. I'm including a picture for reference.

Also check the thickness of the wood - that would be another clue. I do notice in your gallery that you have a window sitting in the second floor and it's the same window that's on the picture of the house.

This is a great free house!!!

I really like it when you can view other rooms or hallways from within the house - i like how the doors in your new house lead out into hallways.

NICE!

Looks a lot like the Country Squire as mentioned above.