real mini plants

Anya

I just had an idea and no I'm not mad. Well maybe a little. :D

What about using very small baby cacti in dolls houses?

I have seen some growing on an adult one and they are so small. They are little sprouts that you pull off and plant.

I was thinking that if I got the right sized 1/12 plant pot and put some cacti soil in it I could plant some temporarily in there. They are slow growing too so that helps. Well in the UK they are anyway. The other good thing about cacti is that many of them grow to be huge in real life anyway so they wouldn't look out of scale if they were a little bit on the big side, especially the tall, thin ones.

If you can think of any drawbacks to this let me know. I think they'd look great on a balcony or something.

In the last chater of Easy-to-Make Dolls' House Accessories by Andrea Barham she discusses various real mini plants. Since this is an English publication (Guild of Master Craftsmen) I would think these plants would do well for you.

No I haven't seen th clip with the cat.

I think I'll go to my mothers tomorrow and steal all her baby cacti hehe.

Bad girl! :D

I love your idea with the real mini plants! Last year I tried to make mini plants out of real leaves - hard to explain... :lol: (I don't know the name of the plant I took the leaves from, even not in German... ) But I wasn't very satisfied with the result.

Bad girl! :D

I love your idea with the real mini plants! Last year I tried to make mini plants out of real leaves - hard to explain... :lol: (I don't know the name of the plant I took the leaves from, even not in German... ) But I wasn't very satisfied with the result.

Did the leaves shrivell up?

Hey, aren't you up late? Me too.

Yes they did - but that wasn't even the main problem! Don't ask! :lol: I had to paint them green after a time ... They looked horrible! :p

Ooops, I always forget about the time!!! :D :D What's your excuse??? :)

Yes they did - but that wasn't even the main problem! Don't ask! :D I had to paint them green after a time ... They looked horrible! :D

Ooops, I always forget about the time!!! :lol: :) What's your excuse??? :p

My excuse?? :D

Umm. My bed has been stolen?

I found a compilation of cat videos from AFV. The cactus cat one is in there.

I've seen that clip before. It still cracks me up. Aren't cats great entertainment? :D

I would think small cacti would work well in a dollhouse. They wouldn't need to be watered as often as other plants, and the size would be about right.

ROFL! Sunnyray? Is that a nakie David Hasselhoff?

OH yes! :(

That is David Hasslehoff in the buff alright.

But like Havanaholly said, he is wearing puppies, and what cute puppies they are too.

I love David Hasslehoff.

Psst.. I have even more pics like that.

The puppies are so cute!!! =) But where do you see David? :(:):p

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your bed, Sunnyray!!! ;)

Yes me too, I loved that bed. With it being in 1/12 scale it's hard to find.

Hopefully when I do find it Danny DeVito won't be waiting for me:P