Lightkeeper's house photos?

Cuppa-Tea

I am trying to figure out what to do with the interior of my 1/2" scale lightkeeper's house. Does anyone have photos, in either scale, of this house and what you have done with it? I think RubyCat had one, and maybe Calamari? I did a search for old posts, because I think I asked this question last year, but didn't find the results I was looking for. Thanks!

(It's such a small house, it's tough to know how to furnish it without making it look overcrowded, or blocking a window or door!)

I like your lightkeepers house and I think you should keep it simple a couch and maybe a chair and then a coat rack in the corner and then on the 2 floor the bedroom. Those are my thoughts :huh:

Lyn

I'll post some pictures today. I have to clean it up a tad because I let my niece play with it and some very strange occurrances happened to the inhabitants...including the poor ol' bloodhound getting trapped in the loft.

Okay, got the pictures up in the gallery. This was one of my first builds, so be kind. Lightkeeper's House

Edited by CatColorado

I like your lightkeepers house and I think you should keep it simple a couch and maybe a chair and then a coat rack in the corner and then on the 2 floor the bedroom. Those are my thoughts  :huh:

Lyn

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I paid $17 for this cast iron 1/2" scale Victorian stove, so I guess the first floor is going to be a kitchen, no matter what! I did make a little sofa, but now I think it's too big and I'm probably not going to use it. I also have a little grandfather clock pencil sharpener I want to use.

I guess my problem is, I put this flowered wallpaper in the main room and I don't know how to co-ordinate with it.

I'll post some pictures today.  I have to clean it up a tad because I let my niece play with it and some very strange occurrances happened to the inhabitants...including the poor ol' bloodhound getting trapped in the loft.

Okay, got the pictures up in the gallery.  This was one of my first builds, so be kind.  Lightkeeper's House

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's absolutely precious!!!! I love what you did with the fabric on the walls and the chair and the window treatments. I was thinking of buying the same table and chair set from HBS. It also comes with a hutch. I'm hoping I can get a coupon or something - still waiting for my catalog.

Now, when I put furniture in my houses I think it looks horrible. I have no sense of interiors (just look at my real house. Ack!) Yours looks perfect! Just the right mood. I love the plaid bedspread and the cat and the tv in the corner and the rocking chair, too.

Thank you! I thought by using the same fabric throughout the room, it would keep the place from looking too cluttered. There used to be a sofa in there too but it was really too much. I was lucky to find the ribbon for the curtains, the roses are out of scale but still works somehow.

I think you have the same stove I do. I was looking at HBS and they have a set of little pewter pots and pans I want to get. They also have silverware, but no dishes. What's up with that??? I'm guessing I can use the saucers from my 1" scale Chrysenbon dishes for 1/2" scale plates. What do you think? I also need some cups or tumblers.

I noticed that too! Although I paid more for my stove, durn it. I have those HBS metal sets for my Fairfield and they are really nice. I want to paint them eventually. I have some of the metal plates and they are okay. I've been practicing with making paper china and I like the look much better. You can make convincing coffee cups with rivets, just add a wire handle.

You can see some cups and the paper plates here

Didn't you make some people too? I bought some wooden beads to use for heads. Then my son dropped them all over the floor of a chinese restaurant where we stopped for lunch... I found most of them! :huh: I was thinking of using pipe cleaners for the bodies and then wrapping it with gauze or something like that before putting clothes on. Would that work?

Yeah, I've made two bead head people who live in the house and I've made some polymer ones too that came out well. I found that I didn't need to add gauze because the material for their clothes was bulky enough. However I am not a perfectionist and the unwrapped pipecleaners might bother some. Did you want to see pictures of the 1/24th dolls I made?

Venus & Martin Dodge made dh "people" with bead heads & pipestem bodies, I think the torsos were lightly stuffed fabric sacks. I'm thinking fo trying something like that for 1:24, want to try it in 1:12 just to see if I can embellish the bead heads with gesso features. Anyone try it?

Thanks so much for posting those pictures. That definitely helps me.

I also spent about forty-five minutes looking at your Webshots albums. Wow!!!! You have done sooooo much work! And it looks great!!!! I love the way each room in your Fairfield has its own personality.

What kind of house is your "small house?" I don't think I've seen that one before. It's really pretty!

Thanks! I am very fond of Gran and Gramps Bead-head. They even have a romantic little story line :D

Small House is a Dollshouse Emporium kit that they don't make anymore. I think they called it Summer House. The rooms are soooo tiny and I am finding it very challenging to decorate. I think that's why I haven't done anything permanent with it yet.

I really need to get back to my Fairfield. I knocked out an external wall and de-shingled it, but that's as far as my renovation efforts got. I think that will be my next 'project' once I finish Marguerite's farmhouse, and then I want to finish the interior of my 1/24th lighthouse.

Thank you for the compliments on my Webshots...that's about half of my pictures, I get really lazy about updating :) .

Thanks!  I am very fond of Gran and Gramps Bead-head.  They even have a romantic little story line :D

Small House is a Dollshouse Emporium kit that they don't make anymore.  I think they called it Summer House.  The rooms are soooo tiny and I am finding it very challenging to decorate.  I think that's why I haven't done anything permanent with it yet. 

I really need to get back to my Fairfield.  I knocked out an external wall and de-shingled it, but that's as far as my renovation efforts got.  I think that will be my next 'project' once I finish Marguerite's farmhouse, and then I want to finish the interior of my 1/24th lighthouse.

Thank you for the compliments on my Webshots...that's about half of my pictures, I get really lazy about updating :D .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, what IS Gran and Gramps Beadhead's story??? You've got me curious now.

I was driving home from the store today and passed a Victorian house that has half the siding removed and needs porch railings, etc. It has been in that state for quite a while. I guess the owners ran out of money or something. Anyway, it reminded me of our half-finished dollhouses. So, it could be worse, folks, it could be your REAL house!!! :) At least there isn't snow and rain getting into your houses!

I'm totally late to the party, but here's how I had the lighthouse keeper's house when it was Ingrid's earthquake cottage. Weirdly, I fit in much less furniture than Cat, and I don't know why/how that happened.

It has since been rebuilt as a teashop, but I don't have photos of the furniture in place.

I *knew* you had a lightkeeper's cottage! I love what you've done with it - the tea shop! The counter looks especially great. I never would have thought to use all that scrapbook stuff. Probably because I don't scrapbook. I didn't know Reutter Porzellan made 1/2" scale stuff either. We saw a lot of that when were in Germany a few years ago and only bought a couple of pieces because we had already spent so much money, and now I wish I'd gotten more.

I'm totally late to the party, but here's how I had the lighthouse keeper's house when it was Ingrid's earthquake cottage. Weirdly, I fit in much less furniture than Cat, and I don't know why/how that happened.

It has since been rebuilt as a teashop, but I don't have photos of the furniture in place.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When do we get to see pictures with the teashop furniture? Whatever did happen with poor Ingrid after she was evicted?