I need Help/tips

Rawr

I've had the my kit for as long as I can remember, and my older sister was suposed to put it together. She started then stopped.

When I was working I looked at all the peices that either still needs to be glued or hads been glued and they still fall apart.

I was working on the stairs, (I'm working on the Dura-craft 505 Farmhouse) and the part holding the stairs up (I don't know how to discribe it, like not the part you step on, but like the uhh, side?) is broken into peices. Where it's suposed to be just bent, it's completely broken up. I've tried gluing it and when it's dry, it falls apart again.

One of the walls is cracked diagnoly (Sp?). It brakes like alot. Like we had to move it so we could kill a spider (I work in the basement) and it broke, again.

I'm considering getting another kit (Of a different kind) and then when I have a better idea of what I'm doing go back and try the farmhouse again.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

And what worries me is that some peices may be unusable and the companies out of buisness.

Edited by Rawr

IS it the riser that is broken? (The thing that holds the steps?) Could you possibly trace a new piece out of wood and replace the broken one? Hopefully when we see pictures we can advise you better. Everything is fixable- it's only wood. :wave:

IS it the riser that is broken? (The thing that holds the steps?) Could you possibly trace a new piece out of wood and replace the broken one? Hopefully when we see pictures we can advise you better. Everything is fixable- it's only wood. :wave:

A-ha. It is the riser.

And tracing one is a good idea.

I'll try to have pictures up tomarrow. Sorry.

I have a picture of the risers (And some eye candy that I'm not uploading yet.) I worked my behind off today working on the house, and I got pretty far, I went from wondering about stair risers to not understanding the fireplace.Does anyone have pictures of the fireplace? I'm kinda confused, but I'll skip it (&& the cabnit like thingy) and move onto the stairs.

post-3070-1214351142_thumb.jpg

Does the picture show the part that is broken?

YEah. The thing that's like an arch, is put together (Un broken) the one at the bottom is broken.

The top is something totaly different.

Oh and question to anyone, The risers and treads, Which is which?

Long or short?

The part that looks like an arch is a riser to the porch. You should be able to put a strip of tape on the back of the other one to hold it together until you put it where it goes and the glue holding it in place dries.

The treads are the part of the stairs that gets stepped on and is longer.

The part that looks like an arch is a riser to the porch. You should be able to put a strip of tape on the back of the other one to hold it together until you put it where it goes and the glue holding it in place dries.

The treads are the part of the stairs that gets stepped on and is longer.

Have you built the house?

'Cause I think you just answered all my questions!

Thanks!

Awww....that's not fair. I want to see all the pictures.

Are we aloud to have pur pictures on another site and have links?

I don't know if it's the site or my computer (Probally my computer) but it's like really slow.

I'd be able to upload them to my photobucket though =]

You can put them in your photobucket, then come on here and post a link to your photobucket account.

Put in a post and then highlight a word in the post (like the word photobucket). Then click that thing up top that is next to the smilies that looks like links in a chain.

You can copy and paste or just type in your photobucket site address. When you post, we will all be able to click on it to see your progress.

You can also do the same thing in MY Controls, edit my signature, and put it permanently into all your posts.

• 1 month later...

Somehow I missed getting the FH505 before Dura-Craft bellied up. I still have a Newberg in the box. Good luck building, Lizz.

Thanks, Suzanne, I missed all of y'all, too. I was in full withdrawl pangs by the time we got home Weds; I just finished catching up on posts in the General Forum this AM.