Strange problem

Maybe its just me but when I go to read a topic and finish it, i come back to that same sub forrum (ie; genral mini talk) and it says i haven't read it even though i have. Just a had strange. I can deal with it but just thought i would let ya know.

Corwin, that happens to me too when I just hit the "back" button instead of choosing the forum by its direct button so to speak.

Hugs

Yeah, for the forum marker system to work properly you must click the forum name each time you go to it to view your personalized read and unread topics. The back button just shows the browser cache for that page, when the name is clicked IPB checks the database and marks the topics appropriately.

I've had similiar problems, but usually it happens after I've read 3 or 4 (and between looking at these they show up as read) then all of a sudden they go back to showing unread and I use the forum marker. Some days it happens more often than other times and then some times it doesn't do it at all.

I've had similiar problems, but usually it happens after I've read 3 or 4 (and between looking at these they show up as read) then all of a sudden they go back to showing unread and I use the forum marker. Some days it happens more often than other times and then some times it doesn't do it at all.

same here

I don't do anything special, just use the "Back" button to return to the list to read the next topic, and eventually it marks the topic read; then when I go to read another forum and come back to the main page and the first forum shows unread topics, sometimes there's a new post/s and sometimes some of the read topics have been marked unread. I just go up when I'm done with the new topics and pick from the option menu to mark the whole forum read.