Adding on

Corwin

So i added a nice place for french doors to go straight off my living room, there will be a porch out there, covered of coarse. It will attach to my existing porch. My question is regarding the roof. How can i get it to stay? It's made of foam core the house is wood. Nails packing tape white glue even duct tape wont get that roof to stay. Any ideas? I need to attach it to the wall.

Thank you. :)

Can you glue a square dowel or a piece of stripwood to the house wall for the porch roof to rest on? With the board to support it, some white glue ought to do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

glue a strip of scrapwood to let the edge of the foamcore rest on and drill a row of we tiny holes 1" apart & about 1/2 the thickness of the foamboard above the strip and superglue straightpins from the inside to stick out through the holes. When your foamboard roof is all ready, you can spread wood glue along the edge that will attach to the house and skewer it to the pins as you push it up to align with the outer wall.

Corwin does white wood glue not work here, I use it all the time with foam core, try to put some sowing pins through the foam just into the wood, cut the ends of the pin after it is dry, just a thought...............