What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I got to find out first hand what a "superficial keratectomy" involves.  I'm very photophobic, so the light about killed me. but other than that the instrument used to even out my (formerly) wrinkled cornea tickled fiercely.  I can't wait to find out what the removal of my cataracts involves!

On 6/26/2024 at 12:50 PM, havanaholly said:

superficial keratectomy

Just the words alone made me sit back with my mouth open! I can't imagine the actual procedure - good luck!!

On 6/25/2024 at 4:21 AM, havanaholly said:

Lucy, just wait until you discover sports bras!  Talk about total comfort!

That's all I wore when I was pregnant/post pregnant for about a year 🤭 I just became a little too comfortable and I felt bad that I wasn't presenting myself at my best...hardly ever....so I decided to have a slightly stepped-up option for when I wanted to do so 🙂 But otherwise, AGREED!!! 

The follow up went extremely well, my eye doctor was surprised at how quickly I healed and he took off the contact lens and told me just two more days on the eye drops.  He wants me to come back for one last visit in a month, but he is no longer in any hurry to get at the cataracts, which makes me wonder if the sudden loss in acuity my regular eye doctor referred me for was due to the wrinkles on the cornea and not the cataracts.  

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

The follow up went extremely well, my eye doctor was surprised at how quickly I healed and he took off the contact lens and told me just two more days on the eye drops.  He wants me to come back for one last visit in a month, but he is no longer in any hurry to get at the cataracts, which makes me wonder if the sudden loss in acuity my regular eye doctor referred me for was due to the wrinkles on the cornea and not the cataracts.  

That's so exciting! Less procedures is always a good thing! Congratulations!!

On 6/25/2024 at 12:21 AM, havanaholly said:

Lucy, just wait until you discover sports bras!  Talk about total comfort!

I would wear one, but I can't afford shoes for my tatas.

Well, the never ending lawn saga. Remember when I said the lawn was to be in the front and the meadow grass and flowers in the back? I took a good look at my lawn today and the grass in the back is about 2" high, but the grass in the front is about a foot high and going to seed. I called the contractor on it and he swears he seeded the way I told him to.

Anyway, the long grass is getting cut on Saturday and that's the day it'd going to be 90° here, so I told the kid if he wanted to start at 6am, he could. It will be cooler then and the whole yard will still be in shade. The neighbors, who are coming up for a week tomorrow, aren't going to like it, but they've woken me up many a time mowing their own lawn, so too bad.

Our weather here is going to be hot, hot, hot for the next week, in the upper 80s and even 95 one day. I wish I could afford a pool.

When the kid comes to mow, I have a honey-do list as well and one of those to-do things is to help me set up my large table so I can start working on a dollhouse, any dollhouse. I have to make a decision whether I want to make the Simplicity with its two additions or the Hofco house into my forever house. I love the Hofco, but it's so large and I'm still in a 260sqft trailer. I can get all the same rooms in the Simplicity (minus one bedroom and bath) that I can in the Hofco house and I think I can make the Simpllicity look very nice if I fancy it up a little.

What do you guys think? I want a kitchen, laundry room, dining room, living room, sunroom, library, one bed and a bath, and an attic. I just won't be able to fit out a center hallway in the Simplicity but as I want it to e a sort of informal house, that's fine with me.

Edited by rodentraiser