What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

After 50 years in my old house, DH and I bought a new to us house.  We started moving last week and I'm still looking for items that I know I packed.  If hubby packed any boxes, I don't have a clue where to locate them or what he put in them.  It may take me to Christmas to find everything.  We downsized and are in the process of remodeling a couple of the rooms.  One bedroom will become the new bath and the old bath (which isn't much bigger than a postage stamp) will be a laundry room.  Our biggest challenge has been to locate a general contractor.  The first one we contacted is keeping us dangling and delaying answering our questions.  The second one is due to come to the house next week to give us an estimate.  

Good luck with that! We made arrrangments to renovate our kitchen last summer with the expectation of beginning work this july. We made materials down payment in December.  Contractor did not return messages. When he finally did it was February, and he told us 1/3 down payment with him would lock in a date, and he was now booking for october. And this was the only contractor who even retruned calls when we were getting estimates! 

I feel your pain, Gayle.  Trying to get repairs to #3's house has been a major PIA; the next door neighbor/ realtor has a buyer who wants to do his own repairs, FINALLY!  And don't get me started on lawn service people!

Hi again, Everybody!  I haven't forgotten you all, it's just that life gets in the way! Our newest news is that a little furball has joined the family. She's a purebred Shih Tzu, now 8 years old. Her BFF man died when she was 5 years old and his widow was having trouble taking care of a dog by herself. Her health is failing and little Miss Ginger was always in the way, and being kept in a small, overheated apartment. Through a mutual friend we were able to adopt her.  We've had her about 18 months now and she is just the sweetest thing, and incredibly intelligent. It didn't take her long to adjust to new humans and a new house - big enough for her to zoom from one end to the other. When we lost our dachshund almost 30 years ago I swore I'd never have another dog. Hurts too much to lose them. But Miss Ginger has brought us a lot of joy. 

• 2 months later...