Working on my Orchid

Kat C

I'm finally getting time to work on my Orchid. I painted a lot last night and realized how much more I should have sanded. My walls are not smooth. Gosh, I have so much to learn. I'm hoping to get my stenciling done so I can post some pics for you all later.

Here are pictures of the stenciling I've done so far. Ignore the bad color quality in the photos please, I know that looks terrible. The ivy is of course on the walls downstairs. The wall is kind of a beige color. The Eiffel tower is in the wall where the bathroom will be. It's gold painted on 'ballet pink'. I'm not completely committed to it yet, I think it might work.

post-2747-1206925314_thumb.jpg

post-2747-1206925306_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Well, We've finally got started. DH is well enough to start with the building of the Orchid. I've decided to paint the walls first, because I am awful with a brush. Got the primer on and am going out tomorrow A.M. to get the actual paint. Off white is the choice, because I've seen decals for the theme of the bedroom. Precious Moments on the wall. Bathroom will have blue flowers and I am up in the air about the first floor. I am so excited. My first doll house. :)

{{HUGS}}, Donna; y'all are going to have so much fun!

Definitley and if you do have a chance do take pics as you go along and share your progressw :)

Have lots and lots of fun while building, sanding, priming, sanding and utter one or two "magic" words LOL

HUGS