duracraft heritage

Rita

Hi everyone

I havent been here for a long time to post.Anyway I done a Duracraft heritage,and messed up big time.I put it together without painting it.It is very hard to paint now.I am posting a pic of it (what I have painted so far)I'd like some opinions from others.Does the color scheme look ok?Will I ever get it painted without really messing it up?Please share your opinions.I have missed being here.Love this forum!Any ideas to improve it.Thanks

post-918-1205529746_thumb.jpg

post-918-1205529783_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone

I havent been here for a long time to post.Anyway I done a Duracraft heritage,and messed up big time.I put it together without painting it.It is very hard to paint now.I am posting a pic of it (what I have painted so far)I'd like some opinions from others.Does the color scheme look ok?Will I ever get it painted without really messing it up?Please share your opinions.I have missed being here.Love this forum!Any ideas to improve it.Thanks

Forgot to add this pic

post-918-1205529910_thumb.jpg

I like your color scheme. I agree it must be hard to paint now, but not impossible. You could try masking bits that are already painted or you don't want painted so that paint doesn't get on them. Use a good quality masking tape from the hardware store with low stick (meant for freshly painted surfaces).

Keep going, don't lose heart. It's looking great! (whinge whine I want a heritage!)

I'm glad to see you back, Rita. If the colors showing on my monitor are anything close to what you're using, they SING! Possibly a dark gold if you feel inclined to use a third color (or a golden beige)to pick out details, but those colors look SO good!

When I built my first Dura-Craft kit the instructions suggested I want to paint/ decorate before building, and when I watched the video and saw how it looked unpainted I knew NO WAY was I going to be able to paint that puppy after it was built! You must have a steady hand & infinite patience, because it really looks nice!

I like your color scheme. I agree it must be hard to paint now, but not impossible. You could try masking bits that are already painted or you don't want painted so that paint doesn't get on them. Use a good quality masking tape from the hardware store with low stick (meant for freshly painted surfaces).

Keep going, don't lose heart. It's looking great! (whinge whine I want a heritage!)

Hi there

I have been painting all day,and i finished two sides completly,and a little of the front.It really is tedious work.Hope I didnt mess up to bad lol.I didnt use any masking tape but I tried to be very careful.Thanks for your comment.

I'm glad to see you back, Rita. If the colors showing on my monitor are anything close to what you're using, they SING! Possibly a dark gold if you feel inclined to use a third color (or a golden beige)to pick out details, but those colors look SO good!

When I built my first Dura-Craft kit the instructions suggested I want to paint/ decorate before building, and when I watched the video and saw how it looked unpainted I knew NO WAY was I going to be able to paint that puppy after it was built! You must have a steady hand & infinite patience, because it really looks nice!

Hi Havanaholly

It's so good to be back.I have been painting about all day.I am going to post a couple of pics.Let me know what you think ok.It's great seeing you too.

Hi Wolfie

Thanks.I have been thinking about the gold.I only hope my paint job doesnt look to bad.Some of it is so very hard to do.I do a section and when it dries I go back and touch up what I have messed up.The most mess ups happened in the section above the top banister,it is so hard to get to.Also the banisters on the inside were a bear to do.I am right handed and even used my left hand to do some of it :wave: really trying to say the least,plus I have a stiff neck now too,but I am loving it (the challenge).I am hoping to finish today.

Hi Rita, nice to see you again :wave:

I like your colors.

My Heritage is in the basement. I got as far as getting my walls up (need to trim down the posts at an angle to accept the roof. I've been dreading that part. anyway....i had decided that i don't like my colors so i need to completely start over and take the house apart. Woudn't be a bad idea anyway, i need to get new corner posts from a seller on ebay... two of mine are warped. so one of these years i'll get back to the heritage. i love the windows and the staircase.

can't wait to see how yours turns out :)

Hi iluvcats.It's nice to see you again too.Well I finaly finished except the top porch.Do you have any suggestions of what to do with it?I dont know whether to stain it or paint it white (the floor).I would love to hear any suggestions from anyone.I think it does look pretty with these colors too.

post-918-1205950179_thumb.jpg

post-918-1205950251_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...