DISASTER

nuttiwebgal

rofl!

well here I have been bragging/complaining on my seemingly endless supply of textured paint.

well no more! my grandbaby somehow knocked my can of paint over with her walker last night sometime and by the time we noticed it my paint was all but gone from the can.

of course it did wonders for the hardwood floors in here! B) ;)

so now I will have to find another way to decorate houses. hmmmm

I think I have another can of off color paint I could mix with more of the sand

MMMUUUUHHHHHAAAAAA

I think Im almost ready to try siding. too many textured houses around here now!

nutti :D

Oh No!! Are the Hardwood floors ruined?? Oh the baby surprises never end. I am so glad it did not fall on her (You would have known right away if that had happened).

I had 1/2 a gallon of paint fall on my head before and boy, there was a Duh & ouch moment for me. ;)

Now you have to try something new :D

Yikes! Quick -- find an open store. A hardware store is ideal, but Walmart might work, too. You need a product called Contractor's Friend. It comes in a pump bottle and is surprisingly non-toxic. It will remove non-cured paint from finished hardwood. That's not just a claim on the bottle: I have used it successfully on our floors. But you have to use it before the paint has time to "cure".

Once the paint has dried and cured, you have to look for a paint remover that doesn't bubble the active ingredient in the floor's finish, and I don't know nuthin' 'bout that.

rofl!

my grandbaby somehow knocked my can of paint over with her walker last night sometime and by the time we noticed it my paint was all but gone from the can.

nutti ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Did any of the paint get on your grandbaby?

Susanne

no paint on baby she was in bed when we discovered the mess.

it was in the floor under the piano bench. I have no idea how it got knocked over.

the floors are already ruined when we moved in they need the complete sand, stain, varnish treatment but as I seemed to have permantly moved my work area in here Im not going to worry about it at this time.

and yes it is good time to learn new finishing touces for the outside but I do so like to use it on the ceilings so I may have to mix some up.

actually it is the way things go on around here! just another day in Nutti world.

;)

Oopsy! :D So sorry to hear about your floor! This is the perfect time to try something new. You may find something you like even better! I still have a big stain of paint on my livingroom floor by my front door. I was trying to balance a lovely shade of blue paint on my leg that I just bought for my bedroom walls while I was fishing for the right key and holding another few things in my arms. When the door finaly swung open, the paint can slipped off my leg and bust open on the carpet dumping half of the gallon of paint before I could upright the can again. Worst part was that I had both of my young children with me at the time and couldn't shout properly about it! ;) So there was just a long angry silence while I mopped it up. My son, five years old at the time, was quick to scold me for making such a mess. B)

Sorry about the lost paint, but glad baby didn't get into the mess, at least).

the floors are already ruined when we moved in they need the complete sand, stain, varnish treatment but as I seemed to have permantly moved my work area in here Im not going to worry about it at this time.

We bought a house with a wonderful large room that had once been a porch with a tile floor. The previous owners painted the tiles blue -- not any "designer blue", just blue. And then they carpeted it.

But when we bought the house, the carpet had been so befouled by their pets, we ripped it all up and re-exposed the blue tiles -- now also decorated with glue marks where the carpet pad had been glued down.

We kept meaning to do "something" with it, but now it's my work area and we don't worry about it. I even spray-painted part of the flower shop in here (it was raining) and didn't even worry about the overspray.

There's something freeing about that, lol.

My favorite paint disaster story was 'way back when I was a little girl my aunt & uncle & my three girl cousins were visiting us & my mother decided she & my aunt would paint the wicker porch furniture. While we were armed with paint brushes trying to refurbish some really seedy-looking wicker they suddenly noticed my two youngest cousins were a) out of sight and :D suspisciously quiet. It turned out they were in my parents' bedroom just off the front porch where we were painting the wicker; they had decided to "help" and were painting the room, including the bed! I believe that was the beginning of my *magic* work vocabulary ;)

LOL Nutti! That sorta reminds me how I recently discovered that although the teal colored paint was quite pretty, it did not look good on the new carpet in the little girl's room of the maiden house! Yikes! Scared me to death! I accidentally knocked the can over, not realizing I had done it or that the lid was not on securely, stepped in it, and then tracked it into that bedroom (I was hanging some pictures in there and was preoccupied with what I was doing which is how I didn't know I had done it). I quicky beeped hubby on the nextel, very near panic (carpet ain't cheap), and he told me to take a wash cloth and some warm soapy water (dish detergent works fine) and go wash the carpet with it (this only works if you catch it before it dries). He told me I would have to get the carpet very wet, but it worked like a charm and there's not a trace of the teal paint on the carpet!

Hey Nutti and all: Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that has these things happen. When I first started working on my dh, I found a very large round table top that I had the bright idea that would work as a turntable. Of course, it didn't and when I decided to carry it back downstairs, darned if I know how it beat me down the stairs but it did! ;) It took out most of a divider wall between our stairwell and the dining room. However, one good thing came from that little incident, I learned I could patch drywall and match textured plaster!

Good luck with your floors! Debbie

Ah, nutti, your house sounds like my house....less than a moderate level of chaos would not be sufficient. I think that's why I'm up until the wee hours of the morning...it's my 'quiet time' nobody else up in the house. (not even a mouse--hehe)

Glad the paint didn't go on a new carpet or anything or the baby either.

Well, my grandkids are starting back to school tomorrow (YIPPEE!!) So I'm gonna get back to work on my Shenandoah log cabin---I think I'm gonna take a break from the swaps for a little while. Wherefor I need to have some houses for which to put my swap items into..in. **giggle**

Y'all be good....keep them in line nutti....I probably won't be on quite as much as I used to, but you never know when I might be lurking around

--> ;)

Mwahaha

I gotta go for now...see y'all later

Doe

I probably won't be on quite as much as I used to, but you never know when I might be lurking around

now dont stay away to long! we need your brand of humor around here!

and we will be wanting updates of your progress on that cabin!

btw your gift was center of attention during our Christmas Parties!

I got so many compliments of a job well done! rofl

I said I didnt make it was a gift from a forum friend!

ohhh my.....than they really started going on...how lucky I was and I was like

yup I sure am!

I cant bring myself to put it away in my Christmas box.

and Im not sure how Im to keep these folks in line when I have a hard time finding it myself!!! ;)

nutti :D

My strangest paint disaster was when I painted a cow. ;) My first summer out of high school, my best friend and I took on a job painting rails at a feed lot. It was a simple concept.......a five gallon bucket of neon orange paint, plastic gloves and a fleece mitt. Just pull the mitt on over the glove, dip it in the paint, grab the rail and run your hand down the length of it. Voila, painted rails.

I'm pretty much a country girl so hanging out in pens with cows didn't bother me, but they can be quite stubborn when they take a notion. There was an old bossy in one pen who thought she needed to keep butting her nose into my backside to get my attention. It was just a reflex from my childhood to reach behind me and smack her to make her quit. Too bad I forgot that I had a paint covered mitt on my hand when I did it. <cackle> The cowboys out there never did let me live that down.

Deb

Reminds me of one of those object lessons I learned last year, which was why one ought not to use a mostly full plastic bucket of premixed wallpaper paste to weigh down a mini that's smaller in diameter, especially when then going off for the day.

It took several days to get all the paste cleaned up (surprisingly it didn't ruin the mini, it did a job on several paintbrushes and pencil erasers, among other expendibles).

This makes me laugh. I sometimes like to work on messy projects in the kitchen, and have no problem when a 'little' ;) paint spills--I hate the kitchen floor and want to redo it, and the walls. Since I'm more particular about my dollhouse floors than my own full size ones..... B) spilling paint is just a added 'mini' bonus on working on hubby to put down some better looking floors! :D Deb is right, there is a freedom in working like that.....I guess in the summer that's why I love working outside on the picnic table! :(

Glad that the baby wasn't hurt Nutti....now is the time to definitely try something new!

Oh my, what fun we all do have!! ;) I'm pretty lucky so far I haven't ruined any floors, but I sure do ruin lots of clothes!! I think I'll just do a little bit of something and before you know it I'm into the glue, the paint and whatever else will mess up my clothes. Let me just say, I have many glue/paint dyed shirts and sweat pants! :D

Oh yes, the paint stained clothes, that is something I know VERY well somehow.

I have a rule though that I keep the "work clothes" and "at home clothes" very separate and most often I have the paint accident happening at school with the work clothes which means I have an ever growing rag stash LOL, something DH have good use of when he needs to deal with the bike chains ;)

Mountainbikes get soooo dirty....

Hugs