After The Holiday Shopping

Minis On The Edge

All right, I want to know if any of you went shopping today and did you find any good deals? I bought a Lamp, two pictures and a vase and I paid under $100 for all of it :D (for my real house). I got that at T-J Max I have been buying so many miniatures that I looked around and realized my real house needed some "new" things to give it a new fresh look.

There were HUGE crowds but the stuff we found made it worth while. I took the kids (my girls) to meet some of there friends at Chuckie Cheese (pizza and game room place) today. They had a ball and it was not as crowded as it normally is which made it even more enjoyable.

Michael's also had WONDERFUL sales (ribbons & lights and stuff that can be used in miniature). I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday and a Great Day today! If you found some new items, tell us about them. Enquiring minds wanna know ;)

we took Gran back to her home which is an hour from KC which is 2 hours from where we live.

but on the way home we stopped to let Catriona shop at the big Hypermart/wal-mart up there. she bought 2 pairs of jeans and 2 pairs of lounge pants

sunglasses, intimate apperral, and New year party supplies and a cute jacket for 100$ she had alot of fun shopping and I am wore out from the trip.

walking into different Wal-mart stores is an experience because each area gets different styles of clothes and the one closets to us is not a hip place to find cute clothes!

it was a good day tonight we rest for tomorrow brings us the job of clearing and rearranging our bedroom and work space. should take a few days. ;)

when you only sleep in a room it becomes the catch all for everyones crap.

nutti :D

That's like the Walmarts here in Va. There are two near my Mom that are a pain to shop in...but the one nearest my home in Ashland is great! Before Christmas, I tend to shop early in the morning there, and there was a saleslady marking down clothes that were just in! :D EVEN better, the sign on the rack said $1!!! :D

These were sports shirts, and nice blouses that the day before were marked at $15 apiece!! ;) Customers descended on that rack,....mainly myself. I ended up buying over $30 worth of clothes for myself, Amanda, my mom, my aunt, my grandmother... :p The saleslady told us that they had bathing suits and Valentine's day stuff in the back that the managers wanted out on the floor--and it wasn't even Christmas then!

I hope to go out today...yestday was a little crazy, so we basically stayed home and did some yard work to get ready for the spring...

Well I didnt go shopping yesterday. The kids were too busy playing allday and didnt want to leave the house.I spent most of yesterday putting together a chalkboard easal for my daughter what a pain in the rear that was :D .Today Iam cleaning up the house and gonna get things put where they go and get my sons fooseball table together. Iam hopeing to be working on the Lily here soon now that the Holiday is over.

Lyn

now that the Holiday is over.

My mother's dad's family was German Swiss and her mom was the only member of her Scottish family born in this country, so growing up the "holiday" began 12/24 & didn't end until 1/6, the Feast of the Magi.

I personally prefer to "celebrate" the feelings of the season year 'round, which minis lets me do :D

I personally prefer to "celebrate" the feelings of the season year 'round, which minis lets me do  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:p That is a great way to put it and I coudn't agree more!

I had to get out today to re-stock the fridge but there would be no chance of me going to buy anything else because the shops are over crowded in abig way and I really, really don't like that!

But on the other hand a lot of the stores now have websites and have the after Christmas sales there as well.... Hmm, might have to surf a little later on perhaps??? :D Or I should continue with the tidying up/sorting through stuff so that the moving of craftroom room will go smoother which menas I will get to do some more minis, hmm that is a thought I guess?

Oh well, sorting it is then.... wish me luck! Perhaps I need some more boxes to store things in? A trip to IKEA perhaps? No, not a good idea since that place probably is busting in its seams right now ;)

Hugs from a snowy Sweden

I have already begun to think of packing up the tree and trimmings early....Christmas decor has took over my house! :D (this leaves very little room for the minis, dollhouses, & kits! ;) ) :p So Christmas has got me planning new scenes already---as soon as the decorations are down. Does anyone else have the problem of tree, and the decorations taking up so much room?? :D

I am hoping to do some aquarium scenes on the deck this year, with mini statues and stuff, and plants all about. B)

I didn't go shopping yesterday - too much stuff to stay home and play with - it was a movie and game day plus it was rainy so a perfect day for movies, games and hot cocoa. We did go out shopping today though - I was headed to our one and only mom and pop craft shop that used to carry PMC.. only to find they no longer carry it :D but we got into town early so stopped at Beverly's Crafts and their christmas stuff was 90% off! So (as if I dont have enough holiday stuff already) I bought some! So next year the house will have even more sparkly stuff dripping off the walls lol. There was also quite a bit of "Christmas clearance" stuff that could be used for miniatures year round. I picked up some leaves that will make interesting wings, a cool piece to make a bird cage out of and some holiday minis to go in a winter setting.

- As a foot note and completely off the subject. My son LOVES his ruby (slippers) deck shoes! And they were such a hit that one of the cousins (who's in her 50's) insisted to know where I found them beause she "has" to have a pair! ;) Another cousin wants a pair done in orange for his birthday which is in October. :D

-David

• 2 weeks later...

BLAST Tuesday Morning is closed until Jan 16 or 17

I always find a few die cast cars and trucks there My new style VW bugs came from there as did my Mini Cooper. I should dig out the Checker Taxi and my Shelby 427 Cobra for next year

Ed