I don't stay logged in anymore

Esther

Why don't I stay logged in anymore? I used to open the site and was already logged in...now I open it, and it says "log in?" or "register". Is there a way for me to fix this?

Is your browser set to delete cookies automatically? Whenever I clean out the cookie jar I have to reenter my password, but between clean-outs I'm logged on when I open the site.

I haven't changed anything...but I wonder if it has to do with the upgrade they did and the fact that I visit this site from both my home computer and my work computer.

I hope your problem will be resolved quickly, it can be frustrating, I know. I can sympathise. I have had the same trouble - but I'm very happy to report that my problem has disappeared! I HAVE STAYED LOGGED IN NOW FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS - YAY!!!!!!!!!! (In fact, I came to Site Info and Feedback to post my good news, and saw this thread!) Hang in there, Esther!

Tracy, I tried doing that, but it said that I didn't have permission to do it. Oh, well, I guess I'll just log in every day.

Is Internet Explorer telling you that you don't have permisoin? Are you having the same problem at work and home?

I hope your problem will be resolved quickly, it can be frustrating, I know. I can sympathise. I have had the same trouble - but I'm very happy to report that my problem has disappeared! I HAVE STAYED LOGGED IN NOW FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS - YAY!!!!!!!!!! (In fact, I came to Site Info and Feedback to post my good news, and saw this thread!) Hang in there, Esther!

That's great news that you can finally stayed logged in Jacks! Did anything change at your end that might explain the good fortune?

Just to double check, you're logged in and when you click as below, you get a forum message saying you don't have permission?

If so, there is a post somewhere in this area that explains how to delete your cookies manually. I'll see if I can find it.

esther.jpg

Oh! Good to know, Pam. I changed from the Greenleaf skin to the Frosty one and was able to delete the cookies. We'll see whether it works or not. Here's crossing my fingers.

I think it worked! I deleted the cookies as described, then re-logged in. Next I rebooted my computer (to check it) and logged into the site on another computer here at work, then just came back to my rebooted computer and clicked on the site and I'm still logged in! Yea! :whistle:

That's great news that you can finally stayed logged in Jacks! Did anything change at your end that might explain the good fortune?

Nothing really, Dean. I think it did coincide with my switch to the Lavender skin - but that can't have had an effect. I've had this Lavender skin (and a few of the others) while the log-in problem still existed. I'm just so happy happy happy to know it's fixed! (I hardly dared say anything - didn't want to jinx it.)

I think it worked! .... I'm still logged in!

Yippee! :whistle:

I used to be able to delete cookies using the Greenleaf skin (my very favorite) but haven't been able to. I'm glad to know I can do so with the other skins, but with dialup it takes sooo long to switch back & forth, as well as deleting the cookies and then going back to log in and switching back to the GL skin... Oh, well.