My Lily in Progress

Peggi

After doing the drapes for the living room decide to go ahead and start decorating for Christmas, the living room is the only room with curtains, but hey I spent most of the afternoon putting can goods in the bashed hutch, which became a cabinet over the sink and a sort of island table. Updated photos are in my webshot album Lily 2 if you interested in seeing my work in progress.

See still on my first house and already bashing things and using unknown "found" items--Dont ya just love this hobby!

Feed back is welcomed.

Peggi

It's beautiful Peggi and you're doing a terrific job on it. I love your kitchen especially. It makes me want to step inside it and make up a batch of biscuts. Your holiday decor is just gorgeous too. Excellent work!

As one semi-newbie to another, doncha just love the concept of bashing? It makes me feel like I've taken a major step forward. :D:D:blink:

Deb

Peggi, Despite all the problems your Lily is awesome! It looks like you conquered that mansard roof, after all. And the "stained glass" inserts really dress up the front doors.

I recognized the diningroom set, but where did you get those dear little frames for the grands' pictures? Love the dolls! Grandpa looks just like your DH! :D I thought the train looked like a "G" scale (in 1:12). The little gingerbread house is a cute touch; did you make it? The drapes turned out elegant!

I liked how the bookcase below stairs turned out, as well as the linen cupboard in the laundryroom & the kitchen cupboard. I need to get busy & make some more food cans for the Arthur's new owner's kitchen & also the Glencroft.

The quilt is gorgeous, your "secret pal" did a lovely job tying all those tiny knots! I agree about the bathroom dividing wall, I made one for the Westville for the same reason.

Your house is coming together beautifully and is a testament for all our folks who are afraid to make "mistakes".

Peggi, Your Lily looks great!! I especially love the pictures of your grandkids how did you do that I would love to put my kids pictures in my house as well. Your house looks great for the Christmas holiday your divider for the bathroom is really a cool idea. :D

Lyn :D

Peggi, great job on your Pierce! I love personal accents. I have some mini pics in my Arthur as well. I thought I'd put in my $.02 about the mini pics people were asking about:

Sometimes when you have pictures made, they include a few tiny pictures that are intended to be used for charms and lockets. These are just the right size for what an 8X10 would be in a 1:12 dollhouse. As for frames, I used little charm bracelet frames and snipped of the little loop on the top. If you don't have any pictures that little, you could always shrink them on you computer and spray them so that they don't fade too quickly. My favorite picture in my little house is picture of my husband and I when we were dating. It sits on my mantel in the living room of my Arthur.

Peggi, you're doing an awesome job! I love all the little details that make a house a home! The cans, spices, curtains . . . everything is turning out so wonderfully. And of course, I love your Christmas decorations! Nice job!! :D

I love the pictures of your grandkids! Wonderful! I have one of those same frames . . . got mine at Hobby Lobby.

The quilt is gorgeous! Makes me want to snuggle up on that bed!!

Thank you thank you thank you for all your nice comments. I am feeling a little proud on how it is turning out, there was times when I truly had serious doubts that this house would have a top section. LOL

The pictures of my grandkids were constantly resized first using a resizing tool from the microsoft website (free download) and then playing around with them in Microsoft picture it. (I didn't have any made for charms or at least not for all of them.) The frames I picked up the first 3 from miniatures.com then when the 4th was born before I could finish the house I picked it up at hobby lobby for $1 (I think, I've spent way to much and can't keep up with it all anymore) :D

Bashing was fun and I thank HavanaHolly for giving me the courage to try it. As she said this is not rocket science.

Grandpa looks just like your DH! He does favor him, but the one that is not displayed in the latest picture (originally a butler) but who was playing pool in older pictures, really looks like him. DH doesn't know I ordered those two just because of the resemblence :D I keep looking for a fat gray haired lady to be me!!

Also since it is nearing completion, I want to issue a special thank you to the members of this forum who have been so patience with my newbie questions, their willingness to share advice, tutorials, and experience, their encouragement and basically for being such a great group especially Holly, Tracy, Linda, Nutti and Darrell and Melissa. There has been many more, but this particular group has walked me through every step of the way from the very beginning on the old forum.

Ok enough being sappy, just wanted to let you know I appreciate you all!!

BTW, I'm not thru with questions I do still have 2 houses starting to call my name, and all the finishing touches to the Lily and renovating the Cambridge.

Peggi