"Ginger Bread" Kit!!!

jeffrey scott

So.....We forked out the 10 bucks for this "Halloween" GingerBread House Kit Thang

for our party last night............GEEZ!!! What a mess!!! If you've tried to do one of these thangs

You know what I mean!!!

Too many Cooks in the kitchen!!!

Tis the day AFTER.......Left over candy CHEAP!!!!!!

ThanksGiving next!!!! Oh Boy!!!!

Jeff in Jackson Hole!

ROFL here I was thinking it was a laser cut wood kit you could add to houses......
Me, too! Too, too funny! Next time use one of the kits to cut your gingerbread and build a gingerbread Pierce or Garfield. I can see that with royal icing architectural embellishments and pastille roofing tiles!

• 1 month later...

Wow I cant believe that I didnt see this thread before because I bought one of those gingerbread kit houses and it was a mess!! I was covered from head to toe in pure icing. It never even turned out right and I had to throw the dang thing out. They make it look so easy on the photo! I wish there was a wooden gingerbread house kit, then I can just pull it out of the shelf every year. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Wow I cant believe that I didnt see this thread before because I bought one of those gingerbread kit houses and it was a mess!! I was covered from head to toe in pure icing. It never even turned out right and I had to throw the dang thing out. They make it look so easy on the photo! I wish there was a wooden gingerbread house kit, then I can just pull it out of the shelf every year. :)
Actually you could finish off any dh kit to look like a gingerbread house, Paint it the color of baked gingerbread, use spackle or drywall mud to resemble royal icing and make polyclay candies & pretzels for trims & let your imagination run hog-wild!

I bought one of those Gingerbread houses this year for my son to build. He is 17. I ended up being the one to build it for him. It was a mess and tunred out horrible. I did tke a pic and will try to post it soon. I also have a "Tiffiny" I plan to make look like a gingerbread house. I am sure it will look better then the kit I made.

Melissa