For those who celebrate....

heidiiiii

We got a total of 5 treaters. 5! :flowers:

We usually get 10x that. It was sad really. You could see the neighbors peeking out the windows looking for kids.

The girls had fun and I watched a lil bit of Ghost Hunters and fell asleep.

Edit: I am bad mommy! I let Natalie sleep in this morning. She went out with her friends trick or treating in Navy Housing last night. They were gone for 4 hours! They had adult supervision which is good but she looked like she was hit by a Mac truck this morning. Oh well...

In other towns in our state there is no school today BECAUSE yesterday was halloween! I have never heard of that before.

We had about 6 trick-or-treaters. I held out the bowl of candy for one of the little cuties (about age 7) to help herself. I swear she had hands the size of a professional basketball player -- a third of the bowlful disappeared in one grab! Lloyd and I fell out laughing. Now there's a little girl who figured out how to take advantage of a situation! :flowers:

By the way, her elder sister's plastic pumpkin was only about 2/3 full.

Kathie, I think I must have given each of those 5 kids 10 pieces of candy each. You could hear them as they walked away saying they hit the jackpot..LOL

I am making Fred take the rest of the candy to work today. I dont want it in the house!!

Well I have Lots of candy left also!

turns out I should give it out before they go in....otherwise they just run right past me to get out of the Haunt. soooo today I am putting into 2 seperate ziploc bags and take the to the kids

Pixie and Madison......LOL

Madison wanted to go into the haunt with Pixie....Pixie told her OHHHHH NOOOOO Mad-i-son it is scarey! that was all Madison needed to hear! so she didnt go in.

nutti :flowers:

They did the same in the school district where my niece and nephew go; K-12 = no more halloween costumes at school. The rumor I heard was that a couple of parents (and one school administrator) complained that encouraging a pagan holiday was showing intolerance for those who don't celebrate. So a district wide policy was set into place - no more halloween at school. :)

wt*??!! Wow, I'm a little late on this thread but, you gotta be kidin' me!! Where do you all live that have this problem with the Pagan issue?!

My Goddess! We even have pagan schools out here (1-8) and (I'm not kidding) that teach pagan curriculum.

I guess I just live in a more tolerant area of the country where "earth mothers" reign, but I'm shocked at this kind of stuff. Hey, I grew up in S.F where it was ok to be anything you wanted to be and I just don't get it....