Question...

Ms. Mini

Im in the process of shopping for a fairfield kit. I have seen some older kits online with the original greenleaf box and wanted to know if there was a difference from the kits that are made now. Has there been any modifications or corrections to the kit over the years?

any info would be great! thank u!

Ohh, I dont know for sure about the older one versus the new one. Maybe the difference is that the new one can have the components upgraded to the Houseworks one? Hopefully somoene else will know for sure.

By the way, you will not be disappointed with this little house. Its a dream. When I was shopping for a half scale kit and saw this one, I had to have it. It truly does look like a little fairy tale house once its built. Its the best half scale kit out there, the details are amazing.

I have the older kit and just love it. I put the foundation together already and am working on the fireplace wall. I think the newer kit can be purchased two ways according to HBS...you can get it without the extra components from Houseworks, or you can get the whole shebang - house and components! I don't think I would want the components as I'm happy with my little house the way it is!

Wolfie

I have the newer kit, and am finishing up some other projects before I start (I can't wait), so I don't have any information for you. I'm thinking that I'll go ahead and use the windows that come with the kit, but upgrade the doors. I would also like to put overlap siding on it. Anyone else put siding on it? I'm wondering if I put the siding, I'll end up having to upgrade the windows because of the thickness?

I have the newer kit, and am finishing up some other projects before I start (I can't wait), so I don't have any information for you. I'm thinking that I'll go ahead and use the windows that come with the kit, but upgrade the doors. I would also like to put overlap siding on it. Anyone else put siding on it? I'm wondering if I put the siding, I'll end up having to upgrade the windows because of the thickness?

When you do that type of siding, you'll butt it to the window trim just like would in reality so it's your choice whether to get the upgrade or not.

I've got one in box ready to start as well. I bought siding and am gradually accumulating the HW 'Victorian' windows/doors as the upgrade. I can't wait to start, but still have a few other items to finish before I can (no room in the workshop/former dining room till several projects are gone!!). I want to put in hardwood flooring and haven't found that yet.

You can also see Emily's Fairfield here: http://home.comcast.net/~fovlet/dollhouse.html I have been wanting to build this one again since I saw hers. Mine was the older kit that I did a while back and it went together well.

:)

I have fallen completely in love with this Fairfield! It's dry fit already and it's just so cool! I went ahead and painted up a 1/2" scale doll this morning giving her a contemporary dress and shoes and she is "walking" around inspecting the dollhouse.....she looks so darned cute in it! Right now she is posed in the back door.....LOL I am so glad I have started this house! I am not going to electrify it though......just decorate the heck out of it, and really enjoy "playing" with it! This one is MINE! ALL MINE!!!!! The furniture looks darling in it as well! Whew!

Wolfie

It's dry fit already and it's just so cool! I went ahead and painted up a 1/2" scale doll this morning giving her a contemporary dress and shoes and she is "walking" around inspecting the dollhouse.....she looks so darned cute in it! Right now she is posed in the back door...

hmmmmmmmmm........

funny I didnt find any photos???? :):)