Have You Ever Set Dollhouse on Fire?

Nameless1

When electrifying a dollhouse, have you ever set it on fire to the point of needing to douse it with water?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When electrifying a dollhouse, have you ever set it on fire to the point of needing to douse it with water?

• Yes
    • No

Not yet, but give me time. I'm still learning. :D:D:) I did have a major moment of anxiety when the wall started smoking while I was using the dremel to enlarge a doorway. I didn't douse it with water, but I did use a damp cloth to try to cool it off and make sure that it wasn't going to smolder.

Deb

Talk about an eye catchin head line LOL

No, so far I haven't had the need to call on the fire brigade, come to think of it that might be a good call though, there are some really nice goodlooking guys in enlisted there :D

Seriously speaking, I were real scared of the electryfying thing earlier but having two good mentors in both hubby and his father I am gradually getting more comfortable with it. It is not the soldering itself that "scares" me, it is to get all things in place so that I don't toast them because I know how hard it is to find re-placement things over here in Sweden. Often it means ordering and having it delivered from abroad which takes tyime and lets just say that I am not the most patient person awaiting mini-goodies to arrive .

Hugs

Not yet! I have a kitchen light that occasionally flickers. I have also ruined one light by shorting it out, but I caught it before anything more could happen. I used to worry about that a lot, though. :D When I finaly did wire my first house, I had my husband (the electronic technician) check everything I did.

LOL! Between fuses, circuit breakers and such, even if those were to fail, the transformer would melt before you set your dollhouse on fire. And if the transformer shorts on the primary side the fuse or circuit breaker in your real house should blow to protect it from fire.

On the secondary (dollhouse side) of the transformer there's not enough power to cause a fire. About the worst thing to fear is the lights won't work. They'll still look pretty being in there though.

GRIN!

Darrell

Okay, I wasn't afraid of such things happening before I read this!!  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, what she said!!

:):(:D

The only reason I can answer 'no' to that one is because I've yet to attempt to electrify a house. :D

Bye now,

Doe

THANK YOU, Darrell! :D

I feel better now.

• 5 months later...

I have lit real fires in all five fireplaces (one at a time, of course) without any problems, but I haven't had any electrical fires. One of the connections got REALLY hot when I was testing the lighting connections, but I think it was a crossed circuit. If your using tape wiring you may have overloaded the tape or crossed a circuit. Crossing a circuit can start a fire. I know some countries use direct current (D/C) and in the U.S. we use alternating current (A/C) this might make a difference, but I'm not an electrician and I'm still working on my first house so I'm definitely not an expert on the subject.

LOL! Between fuses, circuit breakers and such, even if those were to fail, the transformer would melt before you set your dollhouse on fire. And if the transformer shorts on the primary side the fuse or circuit breaker in your real house should blow to protect it from fire.

On the secondary (dollhouse side) of the transformer there's not enough power to cause a fire. About the worst thing to fear is the lights won't work. They'll still look pretty being in there though.

GRIN!

Darrell

Thanks Darrell. I feel a lot more confident now!

-Susanne

Well that's amazing! It says I have voted in this poll, but I did not.

Very interesting ....

Linda-

Do you think the site anticipated your reply? That's spooky.

-Susanne

I want to play a game, the game has rules. The rules are simple. Sorry the title reminds me of the Saw films. Though I thought a haunted house ala Saw II could be kinda kewel. I don't electrify things, so that's not a concern.