Casltes

lillbits

Hi all,

I was looking to make something along the lines of Hogwarts Castle from Harry Potter. But I want to make it so I can display one room at a time or all together. My only problem is I can't think of where to start. Houses have rooms that are too small any suggestions?

Thanks

Nicole ;)

Nicole, how about room boxes? You can buy them premade or build one yourself to your specific dimensions. Do one room at a time and then put them together for the total effect! ;)

Welcome to the forum, Nicole ;) . I also like the idea of roomboxes you can fit together. Rik Pierce has done some of Hogwart's for a client, it has been featured in at least one of the miniature magazines.

Thank you so much the link is awsome and I am grooling. LOL I can't believe how big it is.

And I think I will try witht he room boxes, because then I can make turrets and towers. I want to start with Dumbledore's office. I have this awsome image of the Sorting Hat on a shelf and Fauxs on her purch.

I think I am going to have to sketch this out. ;)

I am so happy I have found this fourm.

Thanks

Nicole

P.S. Off to oogel some Hogwarts Pics.

Wow! I admire your ambition! A Hogwarts castle would be a huge project, but I think breaking it down to one roombox at a time would be very doable. Let us know how it comes along. :D I have often thought that Dumbledore's office would be a really cool roombox. So much neat stuff that could go in there!

I have a dream of turning a Harrison dollhouse into a Three Broomsticks Tavern. Maybe one of these days I can get to it. LisaN has made a Honeyduke's out of a Primrose. I believe there are pictures of it in the gallery. It looks really nice, and she is working on all the candy. It's fun to see all of the Pottter enthusiasts. :D

WOW HuneyDukes???? I have to find that to take a look. Yeah! I just thing that Dumbledore's office is so neat. ANd can be done by putting the semicircle roomboxes one on top of the other. Then there is makeing the stained glass windows. And all of his little gadgets. And don't forget the up staires from his office is his rooms so you can even have some really weird looking things in there as well.

Nicole

I think it would be great fun to make Fawkes & the Sorting Hat. I had seen a roombox in one of the mini magazines that had Harry, Dumbledore & the mirror from "Sorcerer's Stone", but the room looked a lot smaller than what the book led one to expect.

:D Thanks Karen for the compliment on my Honeyduke's. Actually, it looked old and medieval looking, and I used pine cone shards for shingles. And I have made the candy counter, just haven't stained it yet.

I am awestruck by your ambition of a Hogwarts' castle. Honeyduke's has kind of stumped me, due to the limited space in the Primrose. Maybe if I landscape it, it would be bigger. :o

You might want to try Sally Wallace's website to get ideas. It shows her Hogwarts castle in progress.

http://www.salssite.com

She also did an Olivander's Wand shop & a Honeyduke's WHILE :o she was waiting for her castle to be finished. Just recently she did Hogwarts' staircase, with Mary Ann Stages' help. She is really talented.

Something cheaper than paperclay for a project this size, is dry wall mud--it's easy to simulate stucco, and after it sets up, it can be combed or sculpted with a little work into stones, etc. and painted and sanded.