My first Dollhouse

mini-bookwyrm

This is my first try at putting one together. I'm building the Westville and I stained both my floors, but the frst floor warped a little and the center partition tab doesn't fit in the slot - there is a gap and it doesn't meet the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?

Hi and welcome :) Sorry I cannot help as I always cover my floors with carpet or flooring. However there are many people at this site that do their floors as you have done and everyone is very helpful and sharing of what they do to solve problems. I am sure someone can help you.Good luck. :ohyeah:

What a nice name you have!

there is a gap and it doesn't meet the floor. Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do?
Baseboard on the doorway side, you won't need it on the bay side because of the stairway side, although you might want to put a baseboard on the stairside just to make it look pretty. I didn't have that problem, but I bashed a privacy wall for the second floor landing, using foamcore: blog-242-1128389994_thumb.jpg

if you feel it MUST meet than I would find an object which is slightly taller than the foundation walls (I use a roll of tape)

put under the problem area...apply the glue and than place a heavier object(generally a full gal paint can)

let dry for 24 hours

but

I have had this happen a few times during builds. unless its going to ruin the integrity of the build I use wallpaper and trim to cover such oops. sometimes if you didnt trim your tabs they can be "off" especially after painting or staining

dry fit/paint-stain/dryfit

The westville is a great house with nice size rooms and much charactor.

I look forward to the photos :ohyeah:

Happy Building

nutti :)

Thanks everyone for the Welcomes and the advice! Everyone is so friendly here, I am glad I joined. I know I'll have more questions (doesn't everyone?) but it's also fun to read what's going on here. None of my friends have this same hobby, so it's wonderful to have people to share with! :blink:

Welcome to the Neighborhood Holly! Those tabs sometimes are a trouble maker when they do not line up as they should. Sometimes painting and priming first will cause that problem. I just had that issue with another house and I made the tabs a bit bigger since the slot was only off by a little (less than a quarter of an inch).

Please share pictures cause Nutti Loves eye Candy (And we do too :D:wave: )