having problems

I've been on several times today to read and post....seems I keep getting logged out...this is the first time its happened to me in a while...is anyone else having this problem or is just me.....I'm not complaining just don't know if its my dial up or what....

That could be it, but I've also noticed that the forum is awfully sloooowwwww . . . . all my other internet connections are fine . . . it's just this one! It's like watching ice melt!

That could be it, but I've also noticed that the forum is awfully sloooowwwww . . . . all my other internet connections are fine . . . it's just this one! It's like watching ice melt!

Sorry to hear that! I'm moving along fine today (wasn't around much yesterday). Are you still a problem Teresa?

I still get logged out all the time. It happens a lot when I'm busy working on a reply in topic - but I'm getting adept at saving the post material, logging back in, and making my reply. I learnt that Ctrl key plus C key copys, and Ctrl key plus V key pastes!

Thanks for that bit of info about the Ctrl key- I'm relatively new to pc's, this info is gonna save me a lot of frustration. I've been logged out a few times too, and I have high speed it's not supposed to happen, they tell me.

It is odd ... I have High Speed also. When I'm logged out in the middle of a reply, the screen says "post data saved" (or something like that) with a box to click that says "Select All". Click on the box, and your post is highlighted. Hold down the Ctrl key while pressing C. Then log in, go back to the topic thread, click on "Add Reply", place your cursor in the space for the text, and hold down the Ctrl key while pressing V. You will have to "tidy" it up a bit. It adds some stuff like "&nsbp", "<BP>" etc. between sentences, or where the text goes onto the next line. Just delete all the extra stuff. At least the original post is still there!

I used to hit "Back" after logging in again, and my post was still available - but now I have to save it, and follow the procedure above.

I'm really sorry about the problems Rosalind and I appreciate you putting up with them! This is a hard one to trouble shoot since it seems to be isolated to just a handful of people. There is another upgrade on the horizon that I hope will resolve this issue. I apologise for the inconvenience!

Thanks!

Dean