Julia meets her Pierce

GeorgeDog

Tonight I'll start on the foundation. After reading through many posts on preparing the wood I'm planning on (1) taping the edges of the pieces where the glue will hold, (2) lightly spackling all surfaces, (3) sanding, (4) priming with flat interior latex paint, then assembling with Titebond III wood glue.

This probably sounds like overkill to many but I have all summer and my goals are a very long lasting house that looks good. Does my plan sound consistent with these goals? Does anyone think there is a "better" way?

Thanks,

Chris

Julia is ready to build!

JuliaBashAvatar.jpg

What an adorable helper

!(1) taping the edges of the pieces where the glue will hold, (2) lightly spackling all surfaces, (3) sanding, (4) priming with flat interior latex paint, then assembling with Titebond III wood glue.
I would dry-fit first and let the kit tell you what it likes & wants & give Julia a chance to see what it can look like. That way if you see any parts you want to STAIN instead of paint or paper, you can do that FIRST. Once you put sealer, spackle, glue or primer on you can forget about any staining! Otherwise You've got a great order of business there!

I agree with Havanholly. Dry fit first. Other than that you've got a sound plan going there. Also the dry fit will help you see if you want to change the placement of any of the walls etc.

Your little girl looks really eager to begin. So you have plenty of help--go for it.