Is it normal for tab not to fit?

Corey

Sometimes my tabs are too long for the holes, i just use the utility knife to trim off little bits of the tab, on either side. Sometimes the slot is too narrow for the width of the tab, so i use the utility knife to widen it a little. It's a very easy quick fix :unsure:

Gotta love those utilities knives!

I've said this before, but..I LOVE my Dremel Stylus. I bought it late in the building of Lady Garfield, found a hundred uses for it in rehabbing Brimble, and know it'll be priceless when I get to building my Country House, or Emerson Row. There are several models of Dremel available; whichever you end up getting, I'd really recommend a cordless version. Dragging that cord around made me ignore my husband's Dremel when I first started, and now I wish I'd found a cordless then.

Dry fitting is always a good idea. Then I marked each piece with a soft lead pencil "Paint", "stain", "DON'T paint", or whatever...so when I took it apart to actually then start glueing it together, I knew just which side need which treatment. The soft lead pencil erases easily with a gum eraser (or paint right over it, depending on the color you're using.)

Tabs? What tabs?!

I think I gave up on tabs a while ago. (So new, yet so jaded already.) These days I just aim in the general direction, and fill in the gaps later... Which is what I will have to do for the Orchid roof--