Landscaping Question

jeninky

I am working on my Birdhouse scene and have the house and my accessories but I want to landscape the outside.

I have it mounted on some green turf grass, I am going to try to make a pond and would like to know what kind of stuff I should get to put in and around the pond..Also I am either going to make or buy a tree..

Now what else??

I need flower ideas and other landscaping ideas or links..

I have some handpainted chairs for the outside part too... I won them on Ohio State day!

hummmmm. love your plans!

ok, how about one or two small (not yet fully grown) willow trees?

cattails ? a/k/a Typha angustifolia - so interesting, might be fun to make.

horse tail ferns ? they grow around here, anyhow, and i think they're graceful. sort of like tiny bamboo. a/k/a Equisetum.

If you go digging thru the silk plants and flowers at craft stores or walmart, you can find tiny little bits and pieces tucked in them that can be separated and used for mini landscaping. Just go in with that mini-eye and you'll find lots of stuff. The aquarium section can be helpful too since they carry little plants that can be chopped down for bushes. For trees, the best thing I've found is dried flowers. Some of the filler sprays are just perfect for lacy and delicate trees that look realistic.

Deb

I am going to get some stuff tomorrow so I have made me a list...

I have found a model train store in lexington so I am going to visit them for some of the items

then of course a michaels is next door!!

Some river rock for a rock wall maybe? Deer moss, some fish and/or tadpoles or frogs for the pond. Little squirrels and rabbits ok that's my two cents worth.