Glue?!

SuuS

Hi

I've got a question about glue for building the house.

I read on the forum that a hot glue gun is not a good idea. I also read the glue brands you are using but that are American brands. Well I'm from Holland and I would like to know what glue I can use best. Maybe the dutch members can tell me some brands they are using?

I hope someone can help me :flowers:

Suus--

Congratulations on your first build!! At least, I assume it's your first cause of your question. Anyway. We all agree that hot glue is a definite no-no. I use wood glue to hold the walls and floors together for the actual structure of the house. I've also heard that carpenter's glue works great, but I have not used it.

Welcome to the forum :flowers: This is an excellent place to ask any and all of your questions. I am on my first build (a Beacon Hill) and the information I've seen here is just priceless. Hopefully it will be just as valuable to you too :) Good Luck!!!

Susanne, some people get good results using white tacky glue (alaphatic?). I prefer carpenter's wood glue (the dark golden-yellow stuff) for joining wood to wood and the white tacky glue (that dries clear) for the acetate inserts for the doors & windows.

Holly is right. Most of us use Elmer`s Carpenters glue. But you can go to a hardware or craft store and look for any kind of yellow colored wood glue.

• 4 weeks later...