to hot glue or not to hot glue.... thats the question

beckybell

Julie, the hot glue will completely remove, although you may need to use a hair dryer to soften some of it to get it all off. I'm assuming this is a wood kit, since the Chrysnbon parlor organ kit is polystyrene and you would have used the Testor's model cement to assemble it. After you get the hot glue off you can stain your wooden kit parts and gently sand the edges when the stain is dry and apply the glue sparingly (I use a toothpick for that job!). Please post pictures, at least of the successfully completed project.

Just to make you laugh... :banana: I built the Pierce over 20 years ago and the pack rat that I am, I still had the instructions. Well, I bought the second Pierce in 2005 and compared the current instructions with the old ones...they are exactly the same right down to the typos. I used hot melt glue also and unfortunately I can't say what happened to the house because the person I sold it to passed away a few years ago. I just hope it did not warp and/or fall apart if she left it to her sister or niece. I learned a very hard lesson about glue guns. I laughed at my girlfriend because she used wood glue and clothes pins on her house :wave: ...her house is still holding up just fine. :)

Lynne