"Duh" Moments

LPCullen

Hubby broke my old digital camera, so he bought me a new one. I have been trying to get used to it, because it has different buttons and loads pix into the computer differently than the old one.

I was trying to figure out how to delete the pictures from the disc once I downloaded them, and could find out how to mostly do it (for some reason I simply CANNOT read an instruction manual), but couldn't find the final button that would let me choose "OK". Jimmy couldn't find it either. So Zack finally comes home last night from work, and I handed the camera to him and said see if you can figure this out. He looked at it, handed it back to me, and said "try the button in the middle". Huh? What button? He then pushed the button in the middle--the one that neither Jimmy nor I saw--and the pictures all went away.

So, that's the story of how I found my "set" button, LOL!

ROFL!

I shouldnt laugh...my own camera is a couple years old and Im going to have to replace it someday. and I unfortunatly have the same disfunction.

reading directions.

ugggggggg

ok Ill chuckle one more time!! :D

nutti :o

I'm camera illiterate! If it weren't for my dear hubby I'd still be using the camera where you had to push the little lever to move the film ahead! :o I have to say though that finding my Beacon Hill has been an education in more ways than one!! I can now operate and move the pictures from the camera to the computer! :D Still have trouble deleting them though . . . that's where hubby comes in and saves the day!! :D

I'm the same way with cell phones..... :o I'm like Linda, hate reading the instruction manuals ...but cameras I love.......my new phone is a pain in the patoote, :D takes time away from minis!

I need a new camera myself, but my trusty cheapie digital will have to do. Isn't it funny how camera cards cost more than the camera itself? :D

I simply cannot read an instruction manual, and believe me--I have tried. The first one, I just looked at the cover. Then Darrell got me all fired up about the things the camera could do and I got on the ball and said I was going to read it, found the instruction manual, which I conveniently buried in the cabinets above my desk. Read the first three pages, conveniently lost it again somewhere on my desk. I promised myself again that I would try to read it, re-found it on my desk, re-read the first 3 pages, and conveniently lost it again.

To this day, I have not found it.

Now, a cheat sheet I can read, but any instruction manual will only have the first three pages read of it, ever. Don't know what the mental block is, but it is there ...

But hey, that's what we have kids for isn't it? Can't figure out how to program your VCR? Call your 8 year old son into the room--he can do it for you. Of course now the 8 year old son is almost 17 and showing how to figure out the digital camera. Actually, I believe he taught me the basics of the first one too, LOL!

I can't read an instruction manual to save my life! That's what I have hubby for! I can't even remember my cell phone number, never mind programming it! :o Well, I never call myself do I?!!!!

holly why not try the digi?

once you get used to it you will never use any other kind.

I love being able to take as many photos as I like and deleting the ones that are crapola...plenty of them too!

I cant say enough good things about my cheepo digital camera

got mine at the walmart after Thanksgiving blitz for 50$ best thing I ever bought to use with my computer...other than my scanner/coppier/printer.

nutti :o

Nutti,  Do the words "technologically impaired" have any meaning to you?  They certainly apply to me, I discover something new every day I'm doing wrong with the computer...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Come on Holly! You can do it! I'm teaching my mother internet usage, and for the first time in her life she has been on the computer, other than playing solitaire, which I taught her too! If she can learn computer, you can learn the digital camera! I am technologically impaired too, and patience is definitely not my strong point, and I finally learned how to use mine! You don't have to learn everything, just the basics. It really is like any other camera!

I have trouble with the digital camera too. All of my pictures look good when I take them, but when I put them in the computer they are so dark and ALWAYS print out blue. no matter what setting I have it on. If he takes the exact picture with my settings they come out good. As for my cell phone I still havent been able to get the voice mail set up and you can forget me picking up messages. If I don't answer, call me back until I do.

terri

• 1 month later...

Ever tried IrfanView? You can download it free ( at http://www.irfanview.com ) It's a very simple program for editing pictures, it has a 'gamma correction' to take care of the darkness problem and you can fiddle with the colours.

Now the cell phone is a different problem - I still haven't figured out how mine works, and it's an obsolete model with 'very few features' - I'd hate to have to get used to a new one with 'all the latest' :p

Karin