Prebult solid wood house

darrellandmelissa

I got this house today . It is made of solid wood 3/4" thick. The rooms on the first floor are 10" tall. I have no idea who made this of if it was handmade. I got the house on craigslist from someone who bought it at a yardsale. I also got a bunch of furniture with it most of it broken but i can play with it. I am thinking it would make a good toy for a toddler with block type furniture. Does anyone have any idea?

post-27-1168723826_thumb.jpg

Looks manufactured (those curved windows would be hell to get perfectly symmetrical and even in a home workshop, but I don't know by what company. Given that my parents never bought one of these, I'm thinking mid-1980s, probably an educational toy manufacturer. That age would also be consistent with the darkening of the wood.

That is a picture of the front. the back is just flat.

Melissa

See, I've gotten so used to looking inside from the back or side, it never occured to me that this was the front :thumb:

Melissa, what a nice find! There's a German manufacturer of 1:12 houses, furniture & dolls & accessories perfect for toddlers to play with, check out local toy stores and educational supply stores. DHE (Dolls' House Emporium) used to sell something similar.

yanno that house reminds me of a grandma toy

the kind that stays at your house for kids to play with.

primary colors would make it useable for boys and girls with a goodie box for the extras

I love the rounded windows...it gives it a whimsical look!

makes me want to play. and simple block furniture would be perfect for animal/people play.

I wanna play with your house :(

nutti :wave: :w00t:

I wanna play with your house

Me too!

It's kinda, "oooooh, rustic furniture with bears! No, wait -- blocky modern furniture! A bean bag chair! This house needs a bean bag chair!"

Maybe bears with a penchant for modernism... blocky modern furniture and that lacquered white rustic stuff that's so hot in design magazines.