skilcraft colonial dollhouse

a.gonser

I have the house...I call it the HUD house. It was my very first real build.

I purchased it on ebay for $19.00 ($20 shipping). Steal of a deal!

It was made in 1978. It is a tab/slot house. It was a really easy build except for the fact that parts of it were warped from storage.

When I purchased the house it was next to impossible to find any facts about it. Skilcraft is out of business so just the fact that it is a rare kit brings the price up.

I think the reason I got the house so cheap was that the pics werent that great, the box was open, they couldnt guarantee all the pieces were there (they were), and it was such an unknown kit.

Everyone could look at the house and maybe give you some ideas on how much they would spend on the kit if it were for sale.... Skilcraft Colonial.

I didnt use the plastic sheets for the siding. I did use the plastic shutters though. It was a nice easy build for my first time. I need to pick her up and finish her.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for sharing about your SkilCraft colonial house kit. Stay tuned. I am redoing one acquired at a Sale...but replacing the plastic siding and shutters which are already warped with wood clapboard and milled shutters.

It will be nice to see how you do this kit.

Thank you!

I am in the process right now of finishing it. I am giving it away to a 10 yr old girl that has dh furniture but no dh.

I didnt like the plastic siding at all or the plastic fireplace..Ewww! But I used the shutters. This was a very easy build for a first time house. Good one to get your feet wet with. Post pics when you can, I would love to see another one of these done up.

I love Colonials..just so simplistic.

Not sure about the value. I have a cuople of unopened Duracraft kits from mid 80s to 90 and i Know the value is at least double the retail price but as far as an official value I am clueless.

Maybe someone will know and answer, I am curious to the answer as well.....I have wanted to pick up a skilcraft kit here and there as I see them on Ebay.